Retention Marketing Manager
Have you ever wanted to disrupt a $70bn industry? Firstleaf is building the most customer-centric wine company. Collaborating with vineyards, winemakers, and source wineries both domestically and internationally, our wines have won over 3,000 awards, Best in Shows, Winery of the Year, and recently ranked 30 in the Top 50 Wineries of the year by Wine Business Monthly. We are bringing truly personalized selections directly into the hands of customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer focused Retention Marketing Manager who can lead both strategy and execution of our lifecycle outbound communications program across email, SMS, direct mail, site marketing and other emerging channels. The ideal candidate should have a data-driven mindset and be an expert with testing and optimizing content. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver on key retention metrics such as LTV, AOV, churn and more.
Reports to the Sr. Manager, Retention Marketing; no direct reports.
This position is fully remote, with the potential to travel 1-2 times per year for on-site meetings.
- Develop and own strategy, roadmap, execution and reporting for retention marketing channels including email (Iterable) and SMS.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate Firstleaf’s website, app, social and direct mail channels into overall retention marketing strategies.
- Partner cross-functionally with Acquisition, Creative, Business Intelligence, Member Experience (MX), and Digital Product/Engineering teams to create a lifecycle experience that attracts, converts and retains customers.
- Advance and own a data-driven customer segmentation plan, ensuring we’re targeting the right users at the right time.
- Drive learning and optimization through experimentation, creative iteration and testing.
- Report on and disseminate campaign and testing efforts, assessing results against relevant KPIs/goals while sizing opportunities to scale winning strategies.
- Manage external vendor relationships focusing on building strong partnerships, joint business plans, learning agendas, and ensuring delivery and support in alignment with service level agreements.
- Stay informed on market trends and retention best practices, including personalization, CRM flows, email deliverability, and innovative creative approaches.
- 5+ years of experience driving lifecycle and retention marketing, ideally in a subscription context, leveraging multiple outbound communication channels.
- Deep expertise in creating and maintaining customer journey maps to pinpoint pivotal touchpoints and engagement opportunities.
- Successful track record of designing and executing test-and-learn strategies, and leveraging results to drive change throughout the organization with excellent written and verbal communication to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, pivot and analyze a wide range of initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and helping other teams drive results through close collaboration.
- Technical proficiency with marketing automation platforms (e.g. Iterable, Extole).
- Experience independently using analytical tools to understand customer behavior and make recommendations with data analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, Amplitude, Excel). SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or equivalent experience required.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
$80,000-$100,000 dependent on relevant experience.
US Employee Benefits:
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough? Seriously though, we offer remote work, and a location-agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package with stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts. life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: an employee discount and monthly store credit for our wine!
Firstleaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Firstleaf is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.