Account Executive, TPA
Flume is building the first modern health plan administration platform - with the mission to become the backbone of most health plans in the US. In doing so, we're using software to replace mostly paper-based processes in the $30B+ third party administration (TPA) industry. Our platform allows us to unlock efficiencies in health plans that results in measurably better health outcomes for members and 15-40% lower costs for payers. Our platform impacts the entire payer supply chain from the way a member finds their doctor, to the payments happening in the background.
At Flume Health, you’ll work alongside a multipurpose team of healthcare insiders and outsiders who are all committed to solving real-world problems. Everyone is an owner. We approach every problem assuming different stakeholders have different parts of the solution, and we need to collaborate to find the right answer.
Flume Health was founded in 2018, and closed a $30M series A in February 2022, led by Optum Ventures and CIGNA ventures—it was the fastest portfolio company that's ever gone through Optum's due diligence process. In total, Flume has raised over $40M from investors including Crosslink Capital, Accomplice VC, Primary VC, Founder Collective, Route 66, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA).
Flume is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Account Executive to drive the sales of our SaaS product within the TPA sector. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of industry knowledge, established relationships, and a proven track record in sales. They should thrive in a dynamic and agile startup environment, where adaptability and innovation are key.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to target Third-Party Administrators for Flume's SaaS product.
- Leverage existing relationships and connections within the TPA industry to establish a strong network.
- Educate potential clients about the technical and SaaS aspects of our product and tailor solutions to their specific needs.
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue targets and demonstrate a track record of overachievement in revenue-generating roles.
- Engage with senior stakeholders such as CEOs, COOs, and Heads of Engineering/ Product
- Implement an Account-Based Marketing selling approach to deliver highly targeted and consultative sales presentations.
- Adapt and contribute to an early-stage startup environment, being versatile in taking on various roles to help build and execute the sales playbook.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and account executive roles.
- Experience selling to Third-Party Administrators is a plus.
- An established rolodex and relationships within the TPA space and a familiarity with existing industry practices.
- Comfortable selling technical and SaaS products, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into compelling value propositions.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets in previous roles.
- Experience in engaging and selling to senior stakeholders in the TPA sector.
- Proficiency in Account-Based Marketing selling and a consultative sales approach.
- Comfort and experience in an early-stage startup environment, where adaptability and initiative are crucial.
Salary: 80-100k base + commission structure
Flume’s Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Flume’s success
- WFH stipend - we’ve always been remote first
- Competitive compensation and 401k with a 4% match
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)