Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work on one of Alma’s largest growing initiatives. This Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of Alma’s Insurance Program while leading a large and growing team through process change and scale.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator that is able to coach and motivate large teams. This Operations Manager will prioritize a winning team culture while supporting our providers with a best-in-class experience. This candidate excels at supporting their team in hitting goals, and optimizing their team with creative and scrappy solutions, while being able to verbalize the support needed to make our workflows scalable.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage subteams within the claims side of the revenue cycle team, managing up to 6 Team Leads or Specialists and a subsequent team of 50+ remote employees
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to execute data-driven process changes and optimize existing workflows for scale
- Manage and support day-to-day operations and escalations of the claims team within Alma’s insurance program
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with escalations by owning, executing, and reporting on identified escalation projects
- Strategize with the Sr. Ops Manager to marry staffing plans with technology roadmaps to set Alma operations up for success at scale, and own necessary change management within the team
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly program data and report key metrics to the team
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years experience in an Operations role - ideally at a start-up or revenue cycle management role in the healthcare space
- You are relentlessly organized with meticulous attention to detail and exceptional project management skills
- You have strong leadership skills with proven experience managing and leading a team, including developing strong leaders underneath you
- You are highly resourceful and efficient at operational process design, improvements, and execution
- You’re a team player who can roll up your sleeves to support the team creatively while balancing the management of other projects
- You have exceptional communication skills that can flex to translate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $100,000 - $125,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.