Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
Ollie is looking for Demand Planning Manager to be a key contributor to the growing finance team. We are looking for a driven individual who thrives in an environment where they can problem solve, bring perspective, and take ownership of projects and initiatives.
This role is based remotely in the U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with omnichannel lead on a weekly basis to analyze retail sales across retail partners and distributors. Partner with Supply Chain to ensure we have enough inventory at our fulfillment centers to meet demand; Manage monthly reforecasting.
- Maintain a demand planning model based on sales trends and future expected activity to project demands on inventory, sales mix trends, and expected impact on gross margin.
- Develop and maintain financial models to monitor and assess our pricing structure across our product portfolio, and how that price has changed over time.
- Partner with CFO and senior Finance team to refine Ollie’s pricing strategy and presenting recommendations to the Leadership Team on how/when to take price increases across the business going forward.
- Monitor competitive pricing activity and adjust pricing recommendations within the context of our competitive positioning.
- Design and implement price tests where appropriate to measure price elasticities of demand across products and customer groups.
- Track and monitor our input costs to understand how our gross margins evolve over time across our product portfolio, helping explain how Ollie’s overall gross margin shifts from month to month.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand and analyze business performance.
- Assisting with the development of long-term strategic plans.
Who You Are
- A problem solver who can fully understand all aspects of an issue and bring actionable solutions to the team. Strong communication skills are key.
- A person who can adapt to a dynamic and agile business, with new opportunities and projects arising constantly.
- A person who takes ownership of their work and can be self-motivated with the ability to be detail- oriented with a keen focus on accuracy.
- Someone who likes to use technology to bring efficiencies to current processes; thinks outside the status quo to find ways to enhance current practices.
- You bring a positive attitude to your work, collaborating and being a partner to other aspects of the business.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field from an accredited four- year college or university.
- You have 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced proficiency in Excel and financial modeling. Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- You have an understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles.
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.