Project Operations Manager
Realm is on a mission to bring simplicity to homeownership. From the day you buy your home to the day it is sold, there are a series of complex and expensive decisions to be made. What should you renovate? How much should it cost? Should you refinance? When does it make sense to move?
That’s where Realm comes in. With primary residences accounting for 62% of the average American’s net worth, we’re building a single destination to empower homeowners to decide what to do with their home, and then help them do those things seamlessly. And we’re starting with solving the most complex of these decisions – renovations.
Today we’ve helped 500+ homeowners navigate renovations totaling over $70M with industry-leading, proprietary data and expert guidance from our Realm Advisors. We’re on track to be a $1B+ business in the next few years, and are backed by top-tier VC firms like GGV, Lerer Hippeau, and Primary Venture Partners.
What you’ll do
The Project Operations Manager supports and advocates for our customers as they leverage Realm’s data and recommendations to complete home remodeling projects. The Project Ops Manager acts as the homeowner's point of contact from the time they start working with Realm until they break ground on their project, guiding them through major decisions around project budgets, design, vendor selection and financing. The right candidate for this role will feel energized by helping homeowners make smart decisions while providing their expertise in areas like remodeling, design, and construction. This role requires using thoughtful selling tactics to move a homeowner through the journey as quickly as possible.
- Own customer relationships over the course of the entire renovation project (2 months - 18 months)
- Collaborate with homeowners to uncover and document their home project needs and offer useful ideas on how to address those needs
- Create insightful, actionable reports for customers about property potential, project ROI and costs, zoning, and financing so that homeowners feel confident about moving forward with high value projects
- Review Realm’s data and insights with the customer and offer advice and handle objections as needed
- Coordinate with local vendors, freelancers and other subject matter experts (designers, architects, contractors, lenders) to provide homeowners with quality recommendations
- Run a bidding process for projects among Realm’s partner vendors like designers and builders; help customers navigate the complicated process of large construction projects with ease. Level, vet and present project bids and contracts to the customer, helping them make an informed decision to move forward
- Maintain productive and professional relationships with vendors to build excitement about partnering with Realm
- Follow up with the customer via multiple channels (phone, text, zoom, email) over the course of the project driving towards project milestones and supporting homeowners questions and concerns along the way
- 5+ years of experience managing property improvement projects in the residential or light commercial real estate industries, with a strong understanding of the variables that impact project feasibility, pricing and design
- 3+ years of customer-facing work experience in project management, customer success and/or high touch consumer sales.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing deadlines while consistently moving many projects forward at the same time
- Ability to analyze and communicate data to consumers in an easy to understand and actionable manner
- High level of empathy
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to identify process improvements to scale in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up bringing the “first of its kind” technology to an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by witnessing the homeowners you work with make life-changing decisions about their homes
- Experience blending your construction and design skills with Realm’s cutting edge data offering, and the opportunity to help level-up the entire organization on its technical construction knowledge
- The opportunity to build Realm’s presence and brand
- A diverse and supportive people-first environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- An environment where your voice is heard and your impact is recognized up and down the organization
- Competitive, performance-based pay and unlimited PTO
Salary Range: $110K - $140K + equity