Director, Compliance & Privacy
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Director is responsible for the end to end management of the Compliance and Privacy program. In addition to program management, the Director is responsible for activities related to hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team of individual professionals. The Director also serves as a leader and mentor for all Compliance team members, including those who do not report directly to them.
As Corporate Compliance Director you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrated work experience in business, healthcare, or other related field required. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of compliance and privacy professionals
- 7+ years of experience in compliance and privacy
- Direct experience with health insurance payors, providers or health systems, preferred
- CHC, CHPC, or other related certification preferred
What you'll do
The Director’s main responsibility is to implement, maintain, and monitor all requirements established in the Stellar Health compliance plan, laws and regulations, and customer contracts including:
- Processes to identify and prepare for new regulations and obligations including reviewing and ensuring adequate compliance for all commercial models and products.
- Execution of the annual and ongoing CRISP risk assessment processes and development of annual work plans and program evaluations.
- Establishment and monitoring effective communication channels that promote a speak-up culture to both a) disseminate information and training and b) receive and respond to questions and concerns, including anonymous reporting.
- Oversight of thorough investigations and mitigation activities including practices to prevent and detect retaliation.
- Appropriate and easily understood documentation of all compliance and privacy obligations including policies, procedures, plans, and standards.
- Maintenance of all communication channels and response to all questions, concerns, incidents, or misuse of the application
- Compliance and privacy audits and automated monitoring strategies to detect anomalous user activity in the Stellar app including dashboard and reporting.
- Chairing the Customer Compliance Council and the Compliance and Privacy Committee and support the CCO with the Compliance, Security, and Risk Committee.
- Customer and sales related matters including pre/post contracting compliance and privacy questionnaires.
- Management of relationships with external stakeholders including law firms, customer representatives, and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate responses to serious compliance or privacy incidents including triage, mitigation, root cause analysis, and communication with all impacted parties.
- Business courtesies and conflicts of interest (Outside Activities and Relationships) processes
- An inventory of all applicable regulations and contractual obligations, in partnership with other members of the CRISP team
- In addition, this role supports other members of the CRISP team as needed.
Who will love this job:
Individuals who like to work on a variety of work, are mission driven, strong communicators who love to build bridges with other teams in a fast paced and fun environment will love it here.
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar's salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
- The base salary range for a Director of Compliance & Privacy is $200,000 - $230,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact email@example.com. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.