IT Support Engineer
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Join our dynamic IT team in the heart of New York City's Union Square! We're a small but mighty team leveraging modern IT technology and automation to provide high-quality and efficient user support. As a crucial part of our team, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of hardware, software, and services that empower Stellar Health employees across the country. Reporting to the IT Director and working alongside a Senior IT Support Engineer, this role offers a unique opportunity for growth and skill expansion and help identify opportunities for continuous process improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Provide front line support for technical issues across our environment, with a focus on end-user experience
- Manage inbound support requests through various channels, including walkups, tickets, email, and Slack
- Support all current and changing aspects of our IT environment; including macOS and Windows laptops, Poly audio/visual equipment, printers, Meraki network equipment, etc
- Support Okta, Google Workspace, Dropbox, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, Intune, and other IT owned tools
- Provision and troubleshoot access to applications and tools
- Support our employee onboarding and account lifecycle processes
- Manage laptop deployment, repair, and inventory
- Contribute to ensuring the stability and security of devices and accounts
- Create, define, redesign, and document IT processes and policies for sustainability and scalability
As an IT Support Engineer you should have:
IT Support Experience:
- 3+ years hands-on IT Support experience in a modern enterprise environment
- Experience supporting remotely deployed devices
- Proficient in tracking tickets via Zendesk or other ticketing systems
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving methodically with an analytical mindset
- Strong familiarity with Windows and macOS
- Experience troubleshooting AV and conference room equipment
- Understanding of networking concepts and basic troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting and administering Okta and Google Workspace
Work Environment and Attitude:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced complex regulated environment and self-manage competing priorities of individual projects, tasks, and tickets
- Experience driving small projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Attention to detail, a passion for accuracy and quality, with a commitment to security and confidentiality
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer service and satisfaction
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes, work to remedy them, and share your learnings
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
- Excitement and curiosity to learn new technologies
- Emotionally intelligent, empathetic, organized, able to think on your feet, and can find creative solutions to interesting problems
- Self-driven, committed to exceptional customer service and performing user/system administrative responsibilities efficiently
Who will love this job:
If you're thrilled by the prospect of joining a small blossoming team/company with high autonomy, ownership, and the chance to influence changes to the IT tech stack using modern tools like Okta, Workato, Jamf, and Intune, this role is for you. Embrace the opportunity to take on and own projects once ramped up, and revel in the excitement of automating manual processes. Join us in shaping the future of IT support!
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000 and will be eligible for an equity grant and an annual performance based bonus. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.