Strategic Finance Associate
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who Are We Looking For?
At Vestwell, People make all the difference. As we continue to scale, Vestwell is looking for an analytical and highly motivated Strategic Finance Associate to join our growing finance team. In this role, you will report to Vestwell’s Director of FP&A and work cross-functionally and in close collaboration with leaders across our organization. The role will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company as we scale into our next phase of growth. You will be refining and maintaining our operating model, managing our annual budget, pricing new business, developing materials and communications with our Board, and digging into a wide-range of strategic / financial projects. You’ll need to be familiar with analyzing, summarizing and framing financial and operational metrics, and be highly detail oriented.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Gain a deep understanding of our business, and the fundamentals and drivers of our business in order to help us solve complex problems
- Assist Vestwell’s leadership team on Board communications, including the coordination of monthly readouts and quarterly presentations
- Build and refine a host of models, including our operating and pricing models
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including P&L owners and sales to coordinate ad-hoc financial analyses that unlock value and drive key decisions
- Exceptional financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with success in thriving in a dynamic, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex information
- Exceptional business judgment with superb attention to detail
- Financial accounting knowledge is a plus
- Startup, FinTech, Tech, and/or Financial Services experience would be helpful
- Knowledge of the 401(k), or retirement, or benefits administration is a plus
The expected salary range for this position is $90K - $115K with a bonus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?