Engineering Manager, Connect
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy solves the identity risk problem for companies that offer financial products by enabling them to outpace fraud and confidently serve more people around the world. Banks and Fintechs turn to Alloy to take control of fraud, credit, and compliance risk, and grow with the clearest picture of their customers.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc.Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers, Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, year after year.
Check out our investors and read more about us here.
About the team
Alloy operates in a hybrid-work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our local employees onsite twice a week, and remote employees onsite once a quarter.
The Connect team is a mix of Backend and Full Stack Engineers and they focus on enabling quick and efficient decisioning post account opening. The team is responsible for creating and maintaining decision capability across the full customer life cycle (account creation into ongoing transactions, for example) in a scalable way that solves our customers needs for compliance, fraud and credit monitoring. The team is very product-driven and even works directly with clients to design solutions.
What you’ll be doing
The Engineering Manager's responsibility is primarily their team. They need to be able to balance their three key responsibilities: recruiting and hiring great people, developing and mentoring each person that reports to them, and assisting their team to build and ship the best product by whatever means possible.
As the Engineering Manager, you’ll:
- Create, track, and manage our engineering team's metrics and KPIs - think Accelerate's "Four Key Metrics"
- Hold weekly 1:1's and support the professional development of team members
- Support the happiness and productivity of the team alongside our values: to collaborate, be bold, get scrappy, and celebrate our differences.
- Drive code review, QA, release, and continuous deployment processes
- Manage agile projects in conjunction with our Senior Leadership Team to improve the platform our product is built on
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and keep our development machine humming
- Embody technical ownership and spread that through your team to ship great features that everyone can be proud of
- Improve the quality, security, and performance of the product through the work your team does and how you prioritize work that isn't directly client-facing
Who we’re looking for
Engineering Managers at Alloy are facilitators, not dictators. You need to have the technical and managerial knowledge to help your team succeed and foster a collaborative work environment across all the other teams, both in engineering and elsewhere. We think the best way to set you up for success in this position, you should have:
- 6+ years of engineering experience, at least 2 of which should be in an engineering leadership position
- Agile project management skills: experience leading sprint planning and execution
- Experience with mentorship and helping engineers grow to achieve their career goals
- Technical credibility:
- Ability to give thorough code reviews and help engineers solve bugs
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with highly scalable and highly available application architectures
- Experience recruiting and hiring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Humble - agrees with the philosophy of servant leadership; you lead by pointing people in the right direction and being there to help support them along the way, not by micromanaging or demanding
- Must be local to Greater New York City
- Extra credit:
- Experience in high-growth product companies
At Alloy, we strive to attract & retain talent by providing compensation that is competitive with other organizations of our size & stage. We are committed to ensuring each candidate has what they need to be successful in their role with a balanced range of compensation, equity, perks & benefits. We actively share our compensation philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering open and honest dialogue. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency in order to promote equity and monitor the fairness of each outcome.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: 206K - 230K
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with HSA (monthly employer contribution) and FSA options
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual employee compensation
- Eligible new parents receive 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Home office stipend for new employees
- $1,000 learning & development annual stipend
- Well-being benefits include access to OneMedical and Headspace
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.