Sales Manager, Fintech
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy solves the identity risk problem for companies that offer financial products by enabling them to outpace fraud and confidently serve more people around the world. Banks and fintechs turn to Alloy to take control of fraud, credit, and compliance risk, and grow with the clearest picture of their customers.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc.Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers, Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, year after year.
Check out our investors and read more about us here.
About the Team
Alloy operates in a hybrid-work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our local employees onsite twice a week, and remote employees onsite once a quarter.
What you’ll be doing
The Sales Manager, Fintech reports to Alloy's VP of Business Development and oversees a territory ranging from early-stage start-ups to more mature and scaling fintech companies. This pivotal role requires formulating and implementing a comprehensive strategy for acquiring and engaging early-stage fintech companies and managing an account-based sales strategy for larger and more scaled fintech organizations.
In this position, you'll lead a team of high-performing Account Executives, supporting their development and coaching them to exceed their goals. This role is hands-on and strategic. We expect this leader to engage directly with clients and prospects while informing our company how to best shape our overall go-to-market strategy for the fintech segment. Strategy work will consider Alloy’s business development approach with Banking-as-a-Service and embedded finance organizations.
The Sales Manager plays a critical role at Alloy by identifying new processes to accelerate revenue growth, building Alloy's foundational knowledge base of the fintech landscape, and more. You will be responsible for:
- Quota Ownership and Hybrid Velocity/Strategic Sales Execution: Lead strategies to execute against quotas for Fintech Growth (early stage) and Strategic Fintech (non-enterprise) in North America. Drive a consistent operating rhythm and deal execution across both velocity and strategic selling motions.
- Team Leadership: Coach, recruit, and retain top-tier sales and business development professionals within each segment in your territory.
- Strategy: Work closely with Alloy’s leadership team to ensure effective positioning for the execution of an aggressive fintech strategy. This strategy includes partnership overlays with sponsor banks, BaaS, and other technology layers.
- Pipeline Generation: Execute an account-based strategy and weekly operating cadence to drive sustained AE and partner-sourced pipeline generation within our Strategic Fintech ICP (Ideal Customer Profile).
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Develop strong cross-functional relationships across the Alloy leadership team, becoming a trusted thought partner on all fintech-related matters.
- Opportunity Evaluation: Evaluate white space business, product, and partnership opportunities.
- Thought Leadership: Build thought leadership on the future state of the fintech industry and its potential impact on Alloy’s overall strategy
- 2-5 years of experience in sales leadership or business development within a high-growth or scaling technology company in the fintech or identity spaces.
- Track record of exceeding goals and quotas for a segment that emphasizes high efficiency in the sales process.
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for fintech, accompanied by an existing network within the fintech community.
- Thrives in a competitive selling environment with experience selling technical products and the ability, with demonstrated management experience, to effectively train sellers to enhance their business-closing skills.
- Displays a low ego and an adeptness for collaborating effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Demonstrates a high degree of autonomy in work.
- Possess a process-oriented mindset that can drive consensus across cross-functional teams and successfully bring projects to completion.
At Alloy, we strive to attract and retain talent with a total rewards program that is competitive with other organizations of our size and stage. We are committed to ensuring each new team member has what they need to be successful in their role with a balanced range of compensation, equity, perks, and benefits. We actively share our philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering openness and clarity. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency in order to promote equity and monitor the fairness of outcomes.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: $160k- $180k + OTE
Benefits and Perks
Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy
- Medical, dental, vision plans with HSA (monthly employer contribution) and FSA options
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual employee compensation
- Eligible new parents receive 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Home office stipend for new employees
- Learning & Development annual stipend
- Well-being benefits include access to OneMedical, Headspace, and more
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application.
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.