Lead Site Reliability Engineer
A Lead Site Reliability Engineer (Lead SRE) is responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to the SRE Team. A Lead SRE is also responsible for the technical direction and design choices supporting our infrastructure and development pipelines.
The outcomes we’re looking for:
- Coordinate the activities of a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team responsible for the availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning for andros systems.
- Ensure focus on systems uptime and security with swift incident response for availability issues or potential breaches
- Lead the design, specifications and estimating of SRE projects in support of company initiatives with feedback from key stakeholders
- Implement stable systems that satisfies product requirements as well as meeting key operational requirements for monitoring and alerting
- Implement processes to ensure that andros systems are maintained on a continuous basis to keep AWS services up-to-date and to address security vulnerabilities
- Implement standard practices for managing AWS security, secrets, and terraform code.
- Identify opportunities and implement workflow automation for any manual processes
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Lead collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, and Client Success
- Curiosity and drive: Demonstrate curiosity and a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or haven’t yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
Organizational Competencies Required:
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- 5+ years experience in progressively responsible SRE role
- 5+ years experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Terraform
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
In compliance with the nation-wide updates on the Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, salary range is displayed: Estimated salary range: $175,000+. This base salary range represents the low and high end of the andros salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of andros’s total rewards package for our employees. Other rewards may include annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position. In addition, andros offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, wellness program, 401(k) with up to 4% match, life insurance, 11 company holidays, unlimited Paid Time Off and more!
Something looks off?