Director, Growth Marketing
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Growth Marketing to drive the paid lead generation funnel and develop a strategic approach to paid acquisition marketing across a myriad of channels. The primary goal is to generate qualified leads and drive revenue growth through data-driven marketing strategies and tactics.
We are looking for someone with a track record of success driving performance across key digital and offline channels including, but not limited to: LinkedIn, SEM, Programmatic, Print, YouTube, Social, Podcasts, OOH, Sponsorships, Direct Mail & Paid Content, who can apply their experience and analytical frameworks to a premium membership model like Chief .This person should be able to develop and lead insightful and engaging performance marketing campaigns and lead our team to success.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will create and execute a holistic acquisition strategy to acquire new members across a diversified channel mix and deliver on growth goals by pushing on key levers:
- Work closely with LinkedIn (and other platforms as we expand) to launch, measure and optimize lead-gen campaigns on a daily/weekly basis; report out on performance metrics and optimizations on a weekly basis
- Build a test & learn roadmap and expand to a multi-channel acquisition strategy, using data and customer insights to identify opportunities for growth
- Launch in multiple new digital and offline channels and develop direct relationships with media partners as needed; closely monitor performance and scale where opportunities exist
- Develop an A/B testing roadmap for each new channel (including creative, geo and audience targeting) and develop go-forward recommendations for overall program
- Manage and optimize paid media budget to drive ROI across all channels; adjust strategy as needed to drive marketing efficiency
- Manage all paid KPIs with a keen focus on CPL, CVR, CAC and LTV/CAC ratios for all channels
- Manage day-to-day agency relationship’
- Lead and develop a team of high performing analysts
- Develop strong relationships with key cross-functional business partners including Sales & Finance teams to ensure there is good understanding and alignment around paid strategy, KPIs, and results
- Work with cross-functional teams including brand, product & engineering to develop new creative, landing pages and site experience in order to drive leads
Reporting & Analytics
- Conduct analysis around audiences, creatives, ad-formats and communicate performance on an on-going basis
- Develop dashboards to communicate daily/weekly/monthly performance metrics across all channels
- Develop monthly forecasting model for each channel, utilizing all available data and benchmarks
- Measure and analyze impact of overall acquisition program from impressions->leads->new members-> CAC
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Marketing leadership experience with a concentration in acquisition/digital marketing for companies with high-consideration product offerings
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Experience in high growth tech-enabled companies that have scaled to at least $100M+ in revenue
- A successful track record in early stage company digital acquisition programs, utilizing test and learn to determine new channels for digital acquisition
- Led and effectively scaled a marketing function through a period of rapid growth, ideally within a fast-growing consumer business
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to process and understand large data sets
- Strong intellectual horsepower; superior reasoning and analytical skills, proven track record of ROI-driven decision making
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $185,000.
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.