Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager
New York or Remote / Full-Time / Mid-Career / Immediate Start
Resumes, questions, and requests for assistance or an accommodation due to a disability may be directed to email@example.com
References are required.
Salary Range: $100K - $120K
Dandelion Health was founded in 2020 by experts in health tech, hospital systems, academia, and clinical AI. We are building the world’s largest AI training and validation platform. Today, we pride ourselves on our ability to make data access as easy as possible for AI developers, while raising the bar for patient safety and data quality. Tomorrow, we will be the place where any AI developer can go to build a responsible clinical AI product. Our culture is all about learning from data and improving, so we can help our clients improve health through AI.
Our Data and Cloud Stack
We partner with health systems to safely and ethically make their de-identified patient data available to AI developers so that they may build better, more ambitious AI products for patients and physicians. Currently the data is acquired from Sharp HealthCare and Sanford Health in the United States – with three additional U.S. health systems joining soon.
We currently have clinical data dating back to July 1, 2016. This data represents over 4.5 million patients and includes but is not limited to:
- Structured data (e.g., 100% of the EMR, including some claims)
- Unstructured text (e.g., clinical notes, radiology reports)
- Images (e.g., PACS, pathology)
- Continuous streaming monitoring data
We are an AWS and Python shop. However, our clients, partners, and internal teams may work with other languages and platforms from time to time (e.g., R, MATLAB, GCP, Azure).
You work hand-in-hand with the Head of Engineering to lead the technical operations of the engineering team. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty - this is a small, early stage company with enormous ambitions and everyone pitches in to do everything.
You are excited about being at the cutting edge of clinical data and AI infrastructure. You are the operational backbone of the engineering team, which has two primary responsibilities: (i) build the de-identification and ELT pipeline for multimodal clinical data, and (ii) build infrastructure and tooling to store, analyze, transform, and share this data with AI developers. You will work across the organization and closely with our health system partners and external subject matter experts to locate, de-identify, extract, load, store, and transform health systems’ data so our clients (AI developers) can access this data safely and securely to build AI products that improve patient health.
You are not a typical project manager. You have multiple years of healthcare IT/operations experience and_ _a strong ability to identify and foresee issues, proactively map out solutions and scenarios, communicate your ideas and plans to all levels of the organization, and document and share your learnings. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
Required - Many years experience:
- Project/program management – ideally at an academic medical center or as a healthcare IT consultant
- Business/partnership development
- Strategy development
- Reporting to and working with C-Suite executives
- Guiding teams on Agile practices and values to implement critical projects, remove impediments and blockers, and escalate to management when appropriate
Preferred - Experience in/with:
- Creating decks/presentations and reports for executives and external audiences
- Communication-oriented roles with both writing and public speaking components (e.g., marketing, teaching, fundraising)
- Helping professions (e.g., teaching, consulting, executive assistant/chief of staff)
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy environments (e.g., startups, nonprofits)
- Familiarity with AI/ML