Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
Electric’s Services division is seeking an experienced Project Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Services, this role will focus on project excellence and delivery. This is a highly collaborative position that will work with cross-divisional leadership, technology professionals, and our MSP customers to manage Information Technology projects ranging in scope from onboarding to professional services.
This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to collaborate across all levels of the organization and deliver outsized results to drive significant value for Electric’s trajectory.
As a Project Manager, you can put your passion for IT project management to work in an interesting and diverse technical environment!
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain processes for managing scope during the project lifecycle, setting quality and performance standards and assessing risks
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary, according to project work plan
- Coordinating internal resources and vendors to ensure that our projects are delivered on time
- Ensure that all projects are delivered within scope and budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation across multiple divisions and leaders
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Who you are
- 3 or more years of project management experience in an IT-focused environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. In the absence of this formal certification you must have hard core PM experience.
- Knowledge of Information Technology systems, such as workstations, servers, networks, and business applications
- Experience utilizing project management platforms such as Microsoft Project, ServiceNow PPM, Asana, or ConnectWise
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthodontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Communter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 27 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 27 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00AM-6:00PM
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.