Manager, User Experience (UX) Design
Who We are
Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
Electric’s is revolutionizing how SMB’s manage their IT, and is seeking a User Experience Design Manager to bring their ideas, leadership, and passion for SaaS experiences to the team. Reporting to the VP of Product this role will focus on the end-to-end holistic product experience while leading and mentoring a talented, highly impactful team of designers. This is a leadership position that will evolve the design voice across product and engineering pods while collaborating with customers and internal teams to define an intuitive product experience. The ideal candidate will find satisfaction in creating user centered experiences and making usability a competitive advantage through collaboration with the Engineering and Product Management teams.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of designers to create an intuitive, cohesive product experience that enables our customers to manage IT with confidence, demystifying the unknown and making the complex simple.
- Partner with engineering and product leadership to evolve the roadmap and strategy, working as a tireless advocate for the end users and helping balance usability needs with those of the business.
- As a member of a small design team, represent design as a member of one product pod.
- Lead and inspire a team of designers to continue to uplevel individual skills and establish usability KPIs
- Promote a cohesive user experience via utilization of the design system, usability testing, hypothesis-driven experiments, positive and productive design critiques, and other best practices
- Continue to develop and refine Electric’s personas based on the evolution of the product, understanding of the market, and persona needs.
- Mentor and grow individual designers through feedback, opportunity identification, and external training.
- Lead and promote early prototype and discovery processes while evangelizing user centered design, validating early and often.
Who you are
- 5+ years designing intuitive SaaS applications
- 3+ years collaborating with product and engineering to deliver customer-first experiences
- 2+ years of mentoring designers or leading a design team
- An appreciation for elegant, intuitive workflows grounded in iterative delivery and experimentation
- 3+ years conducting customer prototype and feedback sessions
- Experience with ITSM, MSP, or Internal IT is a plus
- You love to create and dream big, take complex ideas, and find the first step forward.
- You are an expert at your craft but believe the best products come from the intersection of complex problems, elegant design, and technical feasibility.
- As an advocate for the customer, you have strong opinions on what should be done but know perfect is the enemy of progress, you’re comfortable setting a destination but navigating the path with your cross-functional peers.
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth. Include what it’s like to work at this company, in this role, today (i.e. the “gotcha’s)
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthadontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Commuter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 27 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 27 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00AM -6:00PM (local timezone)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.
As an organization, we believe in pay transparency and have chosen to abide by NY state, CO and CA pay transparency laws across all roles, regardless of location of hire, and post salaries for all positions eligible for full time hire on our website.