Ephemeral Tattoo Apprentice
We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation while being held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You’ll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
Our Apprenticeship Team is on a mission to expand the community of role-model artists through inclusive, collaborative, and respectful tattoo education, inspiring a positive reversal of industry expectation. At Ephemeral, we believe in inclusivity, care, and creativity and we are bringing those core beliefs to the world of tattoo education. Today, artists who want to learn to tattoo can choose between apprenticeships, tattoo schools, and self-education. While there are great options out there for each, many are abusive, exclusive, expensive, and result in gaps in innovation and education. Our Apprentice Leadership team is a small, tight knit group composed of leaders in tattoo education with over 10 years of experience, our co-founder, and our lead tattoo artists.
About the Program
As an apprentice in our first cohort, you’ll be one of 4 apprentices with an opportunity to work closely with our Apprentice Program leaders with over 10 years of experience in tattoo education. As one of the first to experience our curriculum, you’ll get to play a role in shaping the future of apprenticeship education at Ephemeral.
At the conclusion of our 15 week program, you can expect to walk away with a solid grasp of the fundamentals of tattoo theory and practice and be ready for an entry level role at a tattoo studio.
The program is split into two phases
- Phase 1: Theory
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Time: 20 hours / week
- Location: Zoom (Remote)
- Safe studio practices
- Tattoo design
- Tattoo equipment
- Tattoo ink
- Phase 2: Practical
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Time: 20 hours /week
- Location: Ephemeral LA Studio
- Everything in theory, plus…
- Tattoo techniques for permanent tattooing
- Tattoo techniques for Ephemeral tattooing
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a part of building a new type of studio by bringing the world’s first made-to-fade tattoo to clients in an inclusive, welcoming environment
- Be an innovator, playing a role in shaping the future of Ephemeral Tattoo education alongside industry leaders in tattoo education
- Learn the fundamentals of permanent tattooing and Ephemeral tattooing in an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment
- Be eligible to apply for a Resident Artist job at Ephemeral at the conclusion of the program, which comes with a guaranteed salary, healthcare, PTO, and other benefits
- Enjoy working in our best-in-class studios, including top of the line machines, iPads, and private stations all included. No booth fees or supply charges.
- Enjoy a significant tuition scholarship as part of being one of the first to experience our Apprenticeship Program
- See what our artists have to say about working at Ephemeral!
We’re excited about you because…
- You are hungry to grow and love learning, making you a sponge for feedback with a willingness to adapt
- Hard working and self directed, willing to put in the hours outside of the “classroom” to practice, study, and improve
- Skilled and practiced artist outside of tattooing, ideally in illustration
- Passion for top-notch customer service and a general love of working with other humans
- Passionate about tattooing and being a part of an innovative, inclusive studio
Available and willing to commit to 20 hours / week for our first cohort based in LA from 6/1 - 9/1
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Ephemeral Tattoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Something looks off?