Resident Tattoo Artist - DC
We’re on a mission to create a world where every body is a canvas for limitless self-expression. In 2021, after 6 years of research and development, we launched the world’s first and only made-to-fade tattoo that lasts a year. With our technology and our experiential Ephemeral Studios, we are making it possible for anyone to wear a tattoo that changes as they change. Read more about us in Bloomberg, Forbes, Vogue or The Cut.
Despite being a 12,000 year old consumer category, tattooing has seen little innovation, while continuing to be held back by stigma and permanence. At Ephemeral, we see tattoos as an empowering, beautiful and creative way to express your identity. We dream of a day when tattoos become the number one form of global self-expression.
We are looking for teammates that share this passion and are excited by the prospect of building without a playbook, are undaunted by big audacious ideas and are committed to teamwork.
Why You’ll Love Working at Ephemeral
We are creative – We see problems as opportunities for innovation, love when playbooks don’t exist and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are owners - Leadership is expected at every level at Ephemeral, during good and bad times.
We are caring - Our priority is the physical and mental well being of our customers and teams. We work to earn trust by taking care of them in every interaction.
About the Team
At Ephemeral we are one studio and one team. Artists work closely together to collaborate on designs, deliver tattoos, and ultimately give our clients an experience that they’ll love. Our artists care for and support one another, ultimately creating a collaborative environment rich with personal and professional growth. Our Artist Team is also supported by the broader Studio and HQ Team, which gives artists the opportunity to focus on tattoos, and leave jobs from booking clients to turning over stations to the pros.
About the Role
We are looking for growth oriented, client focused, and talented tattoo artists to deliver world-class service, designs, and tattoos to our clients. At Ephemeral, we value ownership, fearlessness, creativity, and those that value diversity of experience, background, and ideas.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a part of building a new type of studio by bringing the world’s first made-to-fade tattoo to clients in an inclusive, welcoming environment.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy full time benefits including healthcare and paid time off.
- Have financial stability with salary and performance bonus.
- Be an owner at Ephemeral with an opportunity to earn equity in the company.
- Enjoy working in our best-in-class studios, including top of the line machines, iPads, and private stations all included. No booth fees or supply charges.
- Deliver exceptional service and hospitality to all Ephemeral clients.
- Design tattoos (on iPad) that “wow” our clients.
- Reliably executing high quality tattoos that look great every day of the fade.
- Support ongoing innovation by sharing feedback to our scientists on our ink.
- Support other tattoo artists by sharing best practices and tips.
- Assist with maintaining studio cleanliness, supply management, and general administration as needed.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are eager to grow with Ephemeral and hungry to grow and develop as an artist.
- You are excited about who we are as a studio and brand.
- You are professional, reliable, and hard working.
- You have the capability to reliably deliver excellent Ephemeral tattoos.
- You have the capability to master difficult to execute, linework focused tattoos.
- You practice safe tattooing and are obsessed with preventing cross contamination.
- You are a skilled designer and can quickly create strong artwork.
- You are committed to a client first experience.
- You have a passion for top-notch customer service and a general love of working with other humans.
- You seek to serve the client, not the other way around.
*Important note! Every artist interested in joining our studio is subject to a probationary trial period, leadership consideration, and studio availability.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Ephemeral Tattoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Something looks off?