Full Stack Software Engineer
There are 17 million Americans who own rental property. Most don't want to be landlords anymore, however, selling isn’t a good option. Why? You’d lose income and appreciation, trigger tax liabilities, kick out your tenants, have to fix up the house – the list goes on! And we’re here to help.
Flock is building the retirement solution for landlords. We’ve created the first tech-driven 721 Exchange to help individual rental property owners seamlessly convert their real estate into passively owned shares in a professionally managed portfolio of homes. Some people call it the UPREIT, we call it "The People’s REIT."
In a traditional property sale, the transaction marks a finite end to the buyer/seller relationship – not so with Flock. When owners contribute their real estate to Flock, a new journey begins; one that has been carefully crafted to both relieve their pain points and provide tangible benefits for years to come. It’s a better way to sell and a better way to own real estate. If you want to learn more about our team, feel free to check out our engineering blog at https://medium.com/flock-eng.
We’re fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Human Capital, Susa Ventures, Box Group, and Primary Venture Partners, as well as a large network of strategic investors, including 1Sharpe Ventures, Redwood Trust (NYSE: RWT), Fred Tuomi (former CEO of Invitation Homes), and Eric Wu (CEO of Opendoor).
- Join a highly talented and motivated team and influence all major product and engineering decisions from ideation and prototyping to design and production
- Develop and evolve platforms, services, and tools covering the full customer journey from growth to exchange funds to the investment platform
- Collaborate directly with design to scope products and features to build a world class customer experience
- Set up and champion engineering processes and culture as the company scales
- Attract, hire and mentor new engineers as they join the team
- Experience building and delivering production quality software systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven track record on high velocity engineering teams and shipping high quality products
- Collaborative with focus on iterative approach to problem solving
- Bias towards action and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of using metrics to measure success and drive and inform decisions
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize