Real Estate Advisor
There are 17 million Americans who own rental property. Most don't want to be landlords anymore, but selling isn’t a good option. Why? You’d lose income and appreciation, trigger tax liabilities, kick out your tenants, have to fix up the house – the list goes on! Flock is here to help.
Flock is building the retirement solution for landlords. We’ve created the first tech-driven 721 Exchange to help individual rental property owners seamlessly convert their real estate into passively owned shares in a professionally managed portfolio of homes. Some people call it the UPREIT; we call it "The People’s REIT."
In a traditional property sale, the transaction marks an end to the buyer/seller relationship – not so with Flock. When owners contribute their real estate to Flock’s portfolio, a new journey begins: one that has been carefully crafted to both relieve their pain points and provide tangible benefits for years to come. It’s a better way to sell and a better way to own real estate.
We’re fortunate to be backed by a great group of venture capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Human Capital, Susa Ventures, Box Group, and Primary Venture Partners, as well as a large network of strategic investors, including 1Sharpe Ventures, Redwood Trust (NYSE: RWT), Fred Tuomi (former CEO of Invitation Homes), and Eric Wu (former CEO of Opendoor).
Flock is hiring a Senior Investment Advisor to join our fast-growing sales team. In this role you will be a trusted partner to landlords throughout their journey to exit their investment properties. Your primary job will be to educate prospective customers on the 721 Exchange, to show them what ownership with Flock would look like, and to guide them to a decision. You will become a subject matter expert on landlord pain points and be expected to explain complex financial concepts in an approachable way.
This is a quota-carrying role with a variable compensation component; previous experience in sales or marketing experience is preferred.You’ll be trained on Flock’s solution and given all the tools you need to succeed in the role.
- Educate landlords on the 721 Exchange, the benefits of a Flock investment, and what they could expect as one of our Owners.
- Deliver exceptional customer experience expected in a high-value financial transaction.
- Be an expert on Flock’s products and synthesize complicated financial concepts to a variety of audiences, from sophisticated investors to third-party advisors.
- Use Salesforce to manage opportunity data and maintain pipeline reporting integrity.
- Take clear action on next steps after speaking with a potential Flock Owner.
- Exhibit a sense of ownership over your work, your customers, their investment journey, and Flock overall.
- A fast learner who is able to pick up on complex subject matter quickly and explain it simply to prospective customers.
- A bias towards action to keep opportunities moving through the pipeline.
- A willingness to adapt, experiment, and engage in new sales tactics.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a quota-carrying role with demonstrated quota achievement.
- Positive attitude and can-do mentality with a knack for balancing multiple opportunities and priorities at the same time.
- Self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Prior experience in real estate or finance preferred (2-4 years).
The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role in NYC is $175K-$200K OTE +, target equity, and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).