Director of Sales, Enterprise
Flume is building the first modern health plan administration platform - with the mission to become the backbone of most health plans in the US. In doing so, we're using software to replace mostly paper-based processes in the $30B+ third party administration (TPA) industry. Our platform allows us to unlock efficiencies in health plans that results in measurably better health outcomes for members and 15-40% lower costs for payers. Our platform impacts the entire payer supply chain from the way a member finds their doctor, to the payments happening in the background.
At Flume Health, you’ll work alongside a multipurpose team of healthcare insiders and outsiders who are all committed to solving real-world problems. Everyone is an owner. We approach every problem assuming different stakeholders have different parts of the solution, and we need to collaborate to find the right answer.
Flume Health was founded in 2018, and closed a $30M series A in February 2022, led by Optum Ventures and CIGNA ventures—it was the fastest portfolio company that's ever gone through Optum's due diligence process. In total, Flume has raised over $40M from investors including Crosslink Capital, Accomplice VC, Primary VC, Founder Collective, Route 66, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA).
Flume is looking for a highly experienced and dynamic Director of Enterprise Sales to spearhead sales activities targeting large enterprise payers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in full-cycle sales to major players in the payer industry, and a strong understanding of selling technical and SaaS products. This role offers an opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders, and play a critical role in a growing startup environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy to engage and sell to large enterprise payers, with a focus on industry leaders.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the healthcare insurance industry, including established relationships, and a demonstrated ability to navigate and influence decision-makers.
- Comfortably sell technical and SaaS products, effectively conveying the value proposition to potential clients.
- Display leadership skills by comprehensively managing an enterprise sales cycle, finding ways to expand the sales pipeline, and overseeing deals from start to finish.
- Proactively communicate and add value to the sales team, through past experience, skills, and cultural insight, fostering a collaborative and high-performance environment.
- Demonstrate autonomy as a self-starter who has previously owned and executed at least one enterprise sales cycle.
- Adapt and contribute to an early-stage startup environment, being versatile in taking on various roles to help build and execute the sales playbook.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in full-cycle sales, with a strong track record of success in selling to large enterprise companies.
- Bonus points: 2 years of experience managing a sales team while producing
- Proficiency in selling technical and SaaS products, with the ability to convey complex concepts in a compelling manner.
- Proven experience in engaging and selling to senior stakeholders (CIO, CTO, CPO, Head of IT, S/VP Solutions) in the payer industry, with an established network of contacts.
- A strategic leader who can analyze deals from multiple angles and identify opportunities to build the pipeline and enhance deal management.
- Proactive in communication and adding value to the team, both culturally and through your skills.
- A self-motivated, autonomous self-starter who has previously owned an enterprise sales cycle.
- Experience with Account-Based Marketing selling and a targeted, consultative sales approach.
- Comfort and experience in an early-stage startup environment, where adaptability and initiative are essential.
Salary: 120 - 150k base + commission structure
Flume’s Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Flume’s success
- WFH stipend - we’ve always been remote first
- Competitive compensation and 401k with a 4% match
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)