Account Executive, Enterprise
Flume is building the first modern health plan administration platform - with the mission to become the backbone of most health plans in the US. In doing so, we're using software to replace mostly paper-based processes in the $30B+ third party administration (TPA) industry. Our platform allows us to unlock efficiencies in health plans that results in measurably better health outcomes for members and 15-40% lower costs for payers. Our platform impacts the entire payer supply chain from the way a member finds their doctor, to the payments happening in the background.
At Flume Health, you’ll work alongside a multipurpose team of healthcare insiders and outsiders who are all committed to solving real-world problems. Everyone is an owner. We approach every problem assuming different stakeholders have different parts of the solution, and we need to collaborate to find the right answer.
Flume Health was founded in 2018, and closed a $30M series A in February 2022, led by Optum Ventures and CIGNA ventures—it was the fastest portfolio company that's ever gone through Optum's due diligence process. In total, Flume has raised over $40M from investors including Crosslink Capital, Accomplice VC, Primary VC, Founder Collective, Route 66, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA).
Flume is looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to facilitate sales activities targeting large enterprise payers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in full-cycle sales to major players in the payer industry, and a strong understanding of selling technical and SaaS products. This role offers an opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders, and play a critical role in a growing startup environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy to engage and sell to large enterprise payers, with a focus on industry leaders.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the payer industry, including established relationships, and a demonstrated ability to navigate and influence decision-makers.
- Comfortably sell technical and SaaS products, effectively conveying the value proposition to potential clients.
- End-to-end deal management, both of deals that you have generated, or that came inbound or through other lead sources.
- Prospecting and pipeline building, focused on enterprise sales in the payer space tPartner with Flume Leadership to drive exploration, evaluation, and prioritization of new industries, applications, accounts.
- Demonstrate autonomy as a self-starter who has previously been part of an enterprise sales cycle.
- Support the development of a high-performing sales playbook and strategy that can be used as the team grows.
- Accurately plan and provide regular forecasting across the book of business.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in sales and account executive roles.
- Experience selling to large enterprise payers is required.
- Comfortable selling technical and SaaS products, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into compelling value propositions.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets in previous roles.
- Proven experience in engaging and selling to senior stakeholders (CIO, CTO, CPO, Head of IT, S/VP Solutions) in the payer industry, with an established network of contacts.
- Proficiency in Account-Based Marketing selling and a consultative sales approach.
- Comfort and experience in an early-stage startup environment, where adaptability and initiative are crucial.
Salary: 80-100k base + commission structure
Flume’s Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Flume’s success
- WFH stipend - we’ve always been remote first
- Competitive compensation and 401k with a 4% match
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)