Innovation Engineer (m/w/d)
The SRAM Advanced Development team includes a small group of highly talented engineers. Our purpose is to develop game changing technologies and keep up driving innovation within the cycling industry. Our independence allows us to pursue bold innovation strategies. Close networking with all product development functions allows us to have extraordinary success rates. More than 60% of our projects are realized in our products. Our motivation is to make ideas become successful products and expand the potential of cycling.As an Innovation Engineer, you will collaborate with product management, chief engineers, and other functions to identify innovation opportunities. Supported by our machine shop team and state of the art rapid prototyping capabilities, ideas will turn into first prototypes. You will drive fast paced iterations and build ridable prototypes to prove the concept. Finally, you will transfer the new technology to our product development team and support the industrialization process.
- Invent technologies within the context of SRAMs innovation strategy.
- Acquire expertise on products and technologies within SRAMs current portfolio and beyond
- Build rideable prototypes
- Collaborate with our legal department in patent research and applications
- Transfer new technologies to engineering teams
- Support engineering teams throughout the product industrialization process
- Master degree in engineering (mechanical, mechatronics or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience in product design or equivalent
- Hands on / makers abilities
- CAD-Software proficiency, preferably PTC Creo
- Track record of innovation activities within work, studies, or hobby. Any record or documentation of your innovation portfolio added to the resume is highly appreciated.
- Experience with patent research and applications is a plus. If you are a named inventor, please include the application to the resume.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.