Hardware Engineer BMS (m/w/d)
As part of our global development team, you will drive the development of our hardware for battery management systems (BMS). Accompany the BMS hardware from concept to series production and verify hardware to meet project and legal requirements.
- Architect, build, and release BMS hardware schematics and PCB layout within Altium Designer
- Develop test circuits on PCB for ICT/FCT or FPT end of line tests. Likewise support the tester side in adapter design and test logic
- Support HIL setup and test case definition.
- Test Hardware based on requirements (environmental, EMC, performance, safety)
- Optimize hardware design based on simulation and test results
- Support safety evaluation of the BMS System including safety documentation acc. to DIN EN 13849
- Provide supporting design documentation, including design specifications, design options, tradeoffs and choice rationale, experimental results, and tuning procedures
- Contribute to the creation, use and adherence to evolving standards for the design rigor and verification
- Ensure a constant collaboration between stakeholders to facilitate integration of features and services
- Responsible for the estimation and tracking of progress for tasks through all stages of working packages to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years professional hardware development for serial products
- Basic C-Programming skills
- Experience in SPI, i²C, UART design and debugging
- Experience in the field of battery management systems and buck-boost converter recommended
- Functional safety experience for embedded systems recommended
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and team skills required
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.