Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate with Product Management, Software Engineering, and Industrial Design to support a user-centered product direction across multiple product-lines. This will allow you to: Embody and evangelize a process of research-based inquiry and iteration. Craft simple, effortless user experiences from complex systems. Drive the design of entirely novel world-class software user experiences across touchpoints, including custom hardware, web experiences, and smartphone apps. Communicate throughout the design process, proactively sharing status and seeking feedback from a variety of sources like stakeholders and other designers.
- Work as a thought partner with a team of product managers, engineers, and project managers, to tackle user rider challenges with data and evidence from inception to execution.
- Assist in the planning and scoping of design efforts.
- Use generative research to identify future product and service opportunities.
- Run end-to-end UX research (i.e., user interviews, remote usability testing, surveys, card sort, tree tests, etc.) with a particular focus on end-user experience improvements.
- Design thoughtful, meticulous end-to-end experiences that consider the happy path and where users are most likely to stray from it. Anticipating user needs across touch-points and timelines.
- Analyze how new products satisfy market needs and consumer preferences.
- Advocate for our riders and customers by evangelizing your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members.
- Define UI components holistically using interaction flows, motion/transitions, accessibility compliance, and Exceptional attention to detail.
- Collaborate early and often with engineering and Product Management partners to define and iterate towards success.
- Quickly iterate and communicate concepts at appropriate levels of fidelity, while managing and providing constructive critique around your work.
- Articulate design decisions for the development team and supporting design teams.
- Ship, measure and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Remain accountable for high standards of design and product quality, usability, and definition of standards to support the Design System. Do this through hands-on collaboration with designers, developers, and Product Managers.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating an iterative design process, complex problem-solving, and successful outcomes.
- Previous experience with IoT digital products and apps, examples of UX strategies, and case studies demonstrating the UX process and outputs and outcomes required of such product ecosystems.
- Bachelor's Degree/Equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or Digital Product Design or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar UX/UI-related role.
- Experience in designing meaningful and useful data visualizations with an understanding of balancing breadth of data with users’ cognitive load.
- **KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Refined user research skills such as research planning, conducting interviews, synthesis, and usability testing.
- Proficiency in Figma, JIRA, and other tools of the trade.
- Proficiency in human centered design practices.
- Generative and qualitative user research.
- Experience with research annotation software (good to have).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working with a cross functional global team.
- Field testing on bike(s) with data, cycling experience preferred but not required.
- Experience designing for digitally connected physical products isn’t required but heavily preferred in this process, as this role works extensively across complex wireless protocols and user contexts.
- Experience with designing map data and styles as well as data visualizations is ideal.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $125,000 + up to 40% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.