Applications Engineering - Team Lead
It is an exhilarating time to join Inspiren. As we stand at the forefront of shaping the future of healthcare, Inspiren's cutting-edge IoT AI camera device aims to revolutionize care in hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. With the increasing importance of remote patient and staff monitoring post-COVID-19, our technology is more crucial than ever. We are on the lookout for a dedicated Application Developer Lead with a strong focus on React and React Native to propel our mission forward.
In this pivotal role, you'll lead a team of front end, full stack, backend, and mobile developers building the apps that are used by nurses, caregivers, and administrators that ensure patients are receiving the best care. You’ll be hands on developing as well as serving as a coach, manager, and example to multiple developers.
You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, ranging from hardware developers to project managers. Your insights and contributions will play an integral part in our hands-on, heads-up working model. Demonstrating and articulating the impact and value of our technology will be a consistent aspect of your role.
- Engage with operations, sales, and product teams to grasp business challenges, driving technical solutions to cater to their needs.
- Knock down walls and barriers to keep a high caliber team delivering the highest quality code possible
- Manage and grow the careers of multiple developers
- Architect, design, build, and maintain a serverless AWS web application
- Architect, design, build, and maintain a React Native application
- Architect, design, build, and maintain an React serverless AWS web application front end
- Conceptualize, design, and enhance machine learning models tailored for computer vision applications.
- Uphold the principles of test-driven development (TDD) in your coding practices.
- Write and sustain unit tests to ensure system robustness.
- Build frameworks for building, testing, deploying, and managing AI models.
- 5-8 years of experience software development
- 1 year+ managing other developers experience
- Proven experience with React Native (examples of applications in app stores)
- Proven experience with React
- Proven experience with ExpressJS or equivalent
- Acute analytical abilities combined with a pragmatic approach to real-world problem-solving.
- Proficient in managing timelines, ensuring quality, and overseeing delivery.
- Ability to thrive in collaborative settings and see the value of cross-disciplinary teams.
- Prior experience in healthcare is NOT mandatory.
- AWS platforms and services, especially serverless (Lambdas and DynamoDB)
Bonus points for experience with:
- Hands-on experience in machine learning frameworks and tools.
- EHR / EMR Integrations
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Remote work within the Northeast corridor