Senior Data Scientist/ Data Scientist
We’ve developed the V0 of a product that enables health organizations to build their best provider networks with focus and speed. Now that we have strong sales traction on the MVP, we’re working to prototype a handful of data assets that will help us change how networks are built.
We’re looking for someone who can deeply understand our client and business needs, translate them into concrete research questions, and iterate until we have a solid, working solution. Our new hire will also have the chance to pick up and improve upon existing projects. Our ideal candidate is passionate about solving unstructured problems, is excited to work on all parts of a project (from scoping and data acquisition to data cleaning to coding up solutions and QA), likes thinking deeply about hard problems, is committed to doing high-quality work, enjoys working collaboratively, and thrives on getting things from zero to an MVP.
- Work with product, engineering, and business owners to scope, execute, and iterate on a major research project that will meet our core business and client needs
- Run quality checks on new and existing projects to ensure strong deliverables and identify and make improvements
- Collaborate with team members to improve each other’s work
- Be a culture carrier who people across the org want to come to for help
- 3-7+ years experience (independence and scope will change based on experience)
- Fluency with at least basic coding (SQL, python)
- Ability to work well with internal stakeholders to translate business needs into a data science project
- Seeks feedback early and often to align data work with business goals
- Strong communication skills and conceptual thinking
- Strong business and product sense
- Strong common-sense thinking and the creativity to cut through difficult business problems and messy data
- Attention to detail and the ability to QA work
- Culture fit: approachable, open-minded, committed to excellent work, constructive, and collaborative
- Desire to work at an early stage startup
Senior Data Scientist: Salary range is $180k to $200k in base salary commensurate with experience, plus equity.
Data Scientist: Salary range is $150k to $170k in base salary commensurate with experience, plus equity.
Something looks off?