Senior DevOps Engineer
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
We seek a highly experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for leading the implementation of DevOps practices within our organization, focusing on automation, continuous integration and delivery, and infrastructure as code. The successful candidate will have a strong background in software development, cloud architecture, and system administration, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate has experience with GCP, Helm, Go, and NGINX.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate DevOps practices into the development process
- Build and maintain deployment pipelines and automation tools for software releases
- Implement and support system and application security measures
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production systems and implement automated remediation techniques
- Develop and maintain documentation for infrastructure, processes, and procedures
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in DevOps, cloud computing, and software development
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps or related fields.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes or Swarm.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with package managers for Kubernetes tools like Helm, Kustomize, Kompose.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GitLab CI/CD / Circle CI, Jenkins, or Argo CD.
- Experience with database administration and management.
- Bash Scripting experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python or Go.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or Datadog.
- Experience with microservices architecture, API gateways, or Reverse Proxy such as NGINX.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- 20 paid vacation days, 18 days sick leave, and 10 3-day weekends
- Hybrid work schedule with team meals and stocked fridges
- Commuter Benefits
- Community focused events
- Pension Plan
- Stipend per day for food
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Vocational Studies Fund
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Something looks off?