Medical Director, Virtual Care Clinic (NJ)
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
We are partnering with the nation's best hospital systems to expand patient care through state of the art Virtual Comprehensive Care Clinics. We are looking for a proven leader who is a data driven, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented multi-tasker to lead a 24/7 clinic delivering fully remote text and video based care that is both scheduled and on-demand.
Backed by K Health’s clinical grade AI technology, you will lead a team of clinicians who will provide comprehensive care that encompasses primary care, behavioral health, and acute care. As the designated clinic leader, you will play a critical role in providing medical leadership, guidance, and policy oversight.
You will work directly with the medical network, become an expert in our care delivery model, and you will lead development opportunities to expand the access and usage of our service. This position requires collaboration with executive leadership, senior medical leadership, clinical teams, and external stakeholders to drive clinical excellence, quality improvement, and strategic initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be the clinical Lead of Comprehensive Care Clinic and point of contact for clinic specific comprehensive care related initiatives.
- You will be the owner of clinical policy and regulatory oversight within Virtual Clinic and Adhere specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Collaborate with Practice Manager to assess opportunities for continued operational improvement within the Virtual Clinic
- Partner with product, engineering, and non-clinical support teams to enhance and optimize our clinical platform and ensure a best in-class patient experience.
- Work closely with the hiring team and talent acquisition on headcount planning to add mission driven team members as our clinic grows and participate in onboarding.
- Manage a clinical team that consists of Physicians and Nurse Practitioners and hold daily huddles, weekly team meetings, and 1:1's as needed
- Create and optimize clinical workflows that support the success of the Virtual Clinic
- Monitor performance metrics and identify continued coaching/training as needed.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of SOPs for internal processes and procedures.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent K Health and our partners in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Work up to 10 clinical hours per week
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring team members - includes effective leadership and critical thinking skills and proven ability to foster team productivity, unity, and cohesiveness
- You will educate patients on appropriate treatments and care plans for their health needs
- Co-manage patients with external partners within our healthcare delivery model
- Manage patient follow ups for chronic care programs
- Prescribe medication and refills as appropriate
- Elevate comprehensive remote care; provide compassionate and meaningful care
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to problems that arise or escalate, as appropriate
- Perform against challenging goals with a best-in-class team to deliver Quality Care-Efficiently
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of post residency work experience
- 3+ years clinical leadership experience
- Primary care, Pediatrics and Behavioral Health experience, comfort with both acute and chronic care conditions
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring team members.
- Effective leader with proven ability to foster team productivity, unity, and cohesiveness
- In person clinical and telemedicine experience is required
- Clean background and medical malpractice history, able to bill medicare/medicaid
- Must have accreditation in NJ
- if remote, travel is required 30% of the time, internationally and domestically
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 18 vacation days, 9 company holidays, 6 3-day weekends, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.