Senior Software Engineer (Colombia)
The Kinetic team is on a mission to create a safer workplace for the frontline workforce. Kinetic has a patented wearable device, called Reflex, which sits on the wearer’s hip and alerts them when they perform a high-risk motion which could lead to an injury. Our wearable technology has been proven to reduce injuries by 55%, and has been deployed to tens of thousands of industrial workers at some of the leading Fortune 500 firms, including Pepsi, DHL and Home Depot. Starting in 2022 Kinetic partnered with Nationwide to sell Workers Compensation insurance, where policyholders get our technology for free as part of their insurance policy.
Kinetic is based in New York city, but has workers based remotely in many geographic locations. At this stage, Kinetic has approximately 50 employees across groups ranging from software development to enterprise customer success to business development for insurance. Kinetic is starting to grow quickly due to the rapid growth in both its insurance product offering and enterprise sales, with 10x growth in just 2 years.
This is a remote contract position based in Latin America, preferably in Colombia. The salary for this role is 40k-60k USD.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of robust, scalable, and cloud-native software solutions that directly contribute to Kinetic’s mission.
- Write clean, efficient, tested, and maintainable code in a team environment.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, other engineering teams, and business stakeholders to translate requirements into software architectures and technical solutions.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to peers and more junior engineers, fostering a culture consistent with Kinetic’s core values and industry best practices.
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to ensure consistent quality, reliability, and scalability of software systems.
- Champion security best practices in software design and development.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in existing systems and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues, emphasizing root cause analysis and post-mortem documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Full-stack development experience in a modern tech stack that includes TypeScript in a cloud environment.
- Experience building software products from concept through implementation and operations.
- Proven track-record of building and operating large-scale cloud solutions in production, including testing, deployment, monitoring and tech debt management.
- The working language at Kinetic is English.
- Experience with AWS, serverless, SQL and no-SQL databases, data lakes, stream & batch processing systems, and IoT.
- Strong testing and documentation practices. You can give examples of documentation and testing challenges you have solved in the past and how you would apply those solutions to new environments.
- Experience with production security practices in the cloud including building systems that meet enterprise security standards and industry best practices