Customer Support Agent
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
Latch is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Account Manager to become a part of our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for serving as a product knowledge expert in both Latch and James App offerings, delivering exceptional customer service to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of our platforms. We are looking for an ideal candidate who has experience working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask, prioritize effectively, and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Providing timely and effective customer support to Latch stakeholders, as well as drivers and riders using the James App, through various communication channels, such as Zendesk.
- Creating and managing a comprehensive knowledge base to help all stakeholders troubleshoot common issues and offer self-service options.
- Handling financial transactions and ensuring that all payments and fees are accurately recorded and processed between systems, as needed.
- Identifying and resolving software/platform or hardware issues with the operations team and escalating issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Working across Latch teams on escalated issues or to improve Latch / James product offering.
- Monitoring stakeholder performance and experience and providing feedback and data internally to enhance user relationships with the Latch/James App platforms.
- Maintaining accurate records of all support interactions and financial transactions.
- Continuously improving the support experience by identifying opportunities for process improvements and implementing new solutions.
- Participating in the pager rotation for emergency issues 1-2 nights a month where there is the potential to need to assist a customer.
- We provide onsite support from 8:00 am to Midnight Eastern Time (UTC-4), 7 days a week. The role may require either daytime or night time hours, including weekends, and consist of working 5 consecutive days in a given 7 day work week.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communication, or a related field.
- Interest in problem solving and the ability to break down troubleshooting steps or complex topics for customers
- A minimum of 2 years of customer support or a similar role experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in software support.
- Preferred background in hardware support.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to resolve issues.
- Experience with Zendesk or other support ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of financial processes and the ability to handle transactions accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience working with drivers or in the transportation industry is a plus.
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.