About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student's life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It's estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.This position requires the following:
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Administer academic and intelligence (e.g., WISC-V) evaluations in a remote, digital environment.
- Synthesize intake forms, behavioral observations, and evaluation results to develop a comprehensive report including potential diagnoses and actionable recommendations.
- Lead feedback sessions with either parents and students or school administrators.
- Follow company-wide processes to ensure reports are finished in a timely manner to meet your client's expectations.
- Comply with confidentiality laws and Marker Learning policies.
Other benefits of joining the team:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional bedside manner and ability to build rapport with clients in a remote environment
- Comfort with computers and willingness to learn our platforms. This position requires a working knowledge of computers and computer programs (e.g., ability to conduct a Zoom meeting, etc.)
- Minimum of one year of psychoeducational evaluation testing with children and adults, including full test administration, scoring, and interpretation of standardized academic tests such as the WISC-V, WAIS-IV, WIAT-4, WJ, Conners-3, or KTEA-3.
- At least one year of experience in writing integrated psychological evaluation reports, including test interpretation, clinical formulation, and personalized recommendations.
- Psy.D. or Ph.D. with a license in clinical psychology, or the ability to practice privately per the requirements in your state.
- Private location with secure WiFi to ensure confidentiality and uncompromised administration of the tests.
- Flexible schedule: You choose your availability and set your own schedule.
- Let us take care of the admin: We provide templates, all testing materials, client scheduling and intake, and a dedicated clinical support team so you can focus on what matters most.
- Payment clarity: No more uncertainty with insurance billing. It will be clear how much you are paid per evaluation and for the time you spend writing reports.
- Training & support: New to remote evaluations? No worries! We will provide you with the training and support you need to be successful during and after your onboarding.
- Remote environment: Avoid the commute and stay at home. The role will be fully remote.
- Cross-licensure: Looking to expand your practice? We will cover the cost of licensing in other states.
- Community & growth: You'll have the opportunity to connect with other experts in your field and to help shape the future of Marker Learning with your feedback and suggestions!
This is a fully remote role and open to any state in the United StatesEmployment Type:
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we'd love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.