Campus Proctor-Denton ISD
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
Marker Learning is seeking a Campus Proctor to help schedule and proctor evaluations at Denton ISD. To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire a Campus Proctor who is great at organization, developing and following processes, and working with students. This part-time role will report to our Client Success Leader in the District.
As a key member of our Client Success team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with Marker Learning and School Personnel to schedule students who are identified by the district special education teams
- Remove students from class and place them in front of a computer in the appropriate testing area
- Supervise the students while they complete virtual assessments
- Ensure the security of test materials and maintain test integrity
- Verify student identification and record/submit information according to protocols
- Monitor the exam room to ensure that no prohibited materials, such as notes or electronic devices, are being used
- Identify ways in which Marker Learning can provide a better student and school district experience
The most important skills for the role are*:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow and improve a scheduling and proctoring process
- Ability to use a computer and software programs such as Zoom
- Ability to develop a rapport with students
- Ability to travel to the designated school locations consistently
- Knowledge of a school system and the day-to-day activities of a typical school
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We'd love to hear from you if you’re motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture.
We’re committed to an inclusive, consistent, and equitable approach to compensation and anticipate that this position will earn $50/evaluation, which equates to $13/hr.
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.