Provider Operations Specialist (Payroll)
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
About the Role
As a Provider Operations Specialist, you will have a unique opportunity to support our rapidly growing provider network focusing on payroll, systems, and administration work. You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional provider experience and ensuring the successful and efficient delivery of world class learning disability evaluations.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted partner to the Senior Manager of Provider Operations as we build out a robust compensation structure
- Execute on bi-weekly provider payrolls for school psychologists, private psychologists, tutors, and coaches
- Manage the provider payroll inbox with best in class communication
- Support onboarding of providers with banking information and account setup
- Develop processes to ensure an error free process with each payroll
- Responsible for building and maintaining internal operations and working norms
- Work closely with psychologists, tutors, and coaches on ad hoc questions and build trusting relationships throughout our network
- Participate in ad hoc project work to support Provider Ops initiatives
- Own and track key metrics related to responsibilities
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Passionate dedication to the mission of Marker
- Excellent written communication skills, able to present effectively
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely detail oriented ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks
- Comfort working with Excel/Google Sheets
Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000 annual salary
Location: This is a remote role
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.