Tutoring Operations Manager
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
About the Role
As the Tutoring Operations Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to help build out a new service offering at Marker Learning. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional student, provider, and family experiences and ensuring the successful and efficient delivery of world-class services.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted strategic partner to the VP of Operations as we build out a scalable tutoring program
- Act as a generalist to support a prioritized list of initiatives that take into account business needs and feasibility
- Develop processes to ensure the successful delivery of tutoring and coaching services and a delightful customer experience
- Gather data and insights to continuously advocate for process improvements
- Work in close partnership with the Customer Operations team to learn about our tutoring & coaching clients and support client initiatives to drive results
- Team up with the Brand & Marketing teams to ensure successful implementation, journeys, brand awareness, gamification programs and so much more to design the services we provide in partnership with their teams
- Partner with the Sales & Care Navigator teams to learn how they successfully sell and educate our clients on the value of downstream services
- Learn from world class Academic Advisors in the space to refine our curriculums and programs as needed
- Collaborate with product to develop tools to help Marker Learning operate more efficiently
- Support the hiring and development of Marker Learning tutors and coaches in partnership with the Learning & Development team
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of operations experience in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about the mission of Marker Learning
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data driven decisions
- Adaptable and reactive to changing business needs and initiatives
- Experience managing people or a desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally, build strong relationships and influence diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Give employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.