Social-Emotional Learning Advisor (Part Time)
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
About the Role
As the Social-Emotional Learning Advisor, you will have a unique opportunity to help build out new service offerings at Marker Learning. You will be responsible for providing expert guidance to support the growth and quality of our academic programs.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted strategic partner to senior leaders as we build out high quality academic intervention services and products
- Support the development and refinement of social-emotional learning services and products, ensuring alignment with the latest research and best practices
- Advise on the design and implementation of training programs for tutors to enhance their expertise in social-emotional learning
- Stay informed about emerging trends and advancements in dyslexia research and pedagogy
- Advise on processes for monitoring the quality of tutoring sessions, providing feedback to tutors, and implementing improvements as needed
- Engage in thought leadership and support partnerships with academic institutions, researchers, and experts in social-emotional learning to enhance Marker Learning’s academic credibility
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Passionate about the mission of Marker Learning
- 8+ years of experience and a proven track record of providing high-quality social-emotional learning instruction
- Advanced degree and/or certifications in social-emotional learning, education, psychology, or another related field
- Strong familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and resources in social-emotional learning
- Focused on achieving measurable improvements in student outcomes
- Committed to creating inclusive learning environments for students with ADHD and learning disabilities
- Willing to adapt strategies based on emerging research and changing educational landscapes
- Adaptable and reactive to changing business needs and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally, build strong relationships and influence diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.