Sales Development Representative (SDR)
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
Marker Learning is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for the sales vertical of new business to exceed company revenue goals.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who is ambitious, while intensely goal-oriented and driven by achieving individual and team goals. This is a full time remote role and will report to our Sales Development Manager, Jennifer Caparellli. As a key member of our Sales team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Expand Marker Learning brand into new US regions
- 200+ calls a week targeted at our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- 5 meetings booked a week with our ICP
- Subject Matter Expert of our sales platforms (Salesforce, Salesloft)
- Evaluate existing messaging to modify and develop new messaging for the team
The most important skills for the role are*:
- 2+ years of BDR or SDR experience
- Growth Mindset: Ambitious, while intensely goal-oriented, you’re self-motivated and driven by achieving individual and team goals
- Organization & Planning: Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do and brings new ideas to the team
- Solutions Oriented Team Player: Uncovering and addressing problems with proposed solutions to improve workflow and scalability of the Marker Learning Sales organization
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and customers. Must be comfortable in a customer facing role and being the ‘face’ of Marker Learning
- Mission Driven: Energized by Marker Learning’s mission to provide affordable and accessible learning disability services
In addition to the above, it would be great if you also had:
- Experience working in a K-12 environment; K-12 Special Education experience
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Salesloft and Salesforce
*We know people from historically underrepresented communities are less likely to apply if they don’t meet all of the above criteria. Please apply anyway! We want people who are fast learners, eager to take on new challenges and will help us build a best in class company that will change what it means to age.
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Marker Learning we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability status. If you’re motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re committed to an inclusive, consistent, and equitable approach to compensation and anticipate that this position will earn $60,000 with OTE $85,000 USD annually. The exact salary will depend on (1) how many years of relevant and transferable experience you bring to the role and (2) the internal level at which you are hired in relation to our career development framework. All full time team members also receive meaningful equity in the form of a stock option grant.
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.