Strategic Sales Representative
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
As a Strategic Sales Representative, you will be part of a national sales team and the face of Marker Learning in your region. You will be responsible for building out an unpenetrated territory, including building the brand of Marker Learning through conference presence and marketing tactics. In your day to day, you will be responsible for building relationships with key decision-makers at the district level, pipeline management, forecasting, and managing sales through the entire lifecycle. As the owner of your territory, you will also act as leader for SDR efforts in your region. You will also become well-versed in your territory’s funding, state initiatives, demographics, and the special education/evaluation landscape to help inform your overall sales strategy. This is a remote role with an expectation of 50% travel within your assigned territory. As an early employee of the Sales Team at Marker, you'll have visibility into the entire company, work directly with our co-founders and product team, and be relied upon to provide voice-of-the-customer insights to the broader organization.
What you’ll do:
- Work individually and directly with the Director of District Sales to maintain a healthy pipeline of clients
- Independently take deals from initial conversation to close
- Take a data-backed approach to generating, qualifying, and contacting leads
- Modify sales materials and messages based on client feedback
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure successful implementation of our program, as well as renewals
- Contribute to product roadmap by capturing and relaying the customer's voice to the product team
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience
- K-12 education selling experience or experience working within a school
- Demonstrated history of closing large, complex deals that have several sales cycles
- History of consistently attaining/exceeding quotas
- Excellent project management, organization, and communication skills
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup - the ability to innovate and solve problems creatively on the fly
- Desire to learn, grow, develop, and eventually mentor future team members
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
Additional bonus if you have:
- Subject matter expertise in education and/or school psychology
- Startup experience
- Salesforce & Salesloft platform proficiency
*We know people from historically underrepresented communities are less likely to apply if they don’t meet all of the above criteria. Please apply anyway! We want people who are fast learners, eager to take on new challenges, and will help us build a best-in-class company that will change what it means to age.
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. If you’re motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture, we’d love to hear from you.
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.