Implementation Team Lead
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
About the role
Marker Learning is seeking an accomplished, self-motivated leader within the tech space to lead our post-sales Implementation Team. As the Implementation Leader, you will manage and oversee our team of Implementation Managers that are responsible for creating best-in-class implementation experiences while driving adoption and operational efficiency as we scale this critical function. This is a unique experience to come in as a 0-1 operator and contribute to a rapidly growing company, directly impacting students' lives.
As a critical leader within the organization, you’ll be responsible for the following key outcomes.
Leadership & Team Management
- Lead and coach team members on delivering quality customer engagements that drive impactful business outcomes for customers.
- Hold the team accountable to KPIs, including engagement activities, customer sentiment, adoption health, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Drive day-to-day operations of the implementation team, ensuring top-notch service delivery and efficient processes tailored to our rapidly growing customer base.Act as the primary point of leadership for escalations, adept at independently creating solutions and identifying systemic issues that warrant process improvements. Foster an inclusive environment that maximizes individual and team effectiveness, guiding employees to grow in their career journey at Marker Learning
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand historical insights, devising broader customer strategy that improve the longer-term customer roadmap
- Leverage actionable data to enhance onboarding, implementation workflows, and go-live strategies while driving process improvements.
- Develop, implement, and standardize operational procedures, ensuring adherence and continuous improvement to our SLAs.
- Optimize CRM usage to ensure visibility into customer health, client engagements, and opportunities for targeted interventions.
- Partner with leadership to identify and eliminate client barriers, drive resolutions, and advocate best practices for enhanced team performance.
- Determine essential metrics and reports for achieving operational excellence and customer satisfaction targets.
- Identify cross-training opportunities within Success and Product teams to build synergies.
- Deep experience using data to build and report on established program metrics, extracting insights that are used to inform and evolve our implementation experiences.
- Develop, refine and elevate best practices around implementation, service adoption and ongoing account management.
- Create customer training programs ranging from in-person and virtual simulations, videos and self-guided approaches.
- Serve as an escalation point and Leadership Sponsor for customers by engaging directly with customer leadership.
- Interact and communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders to drive new product rollouts and student-first initiatives.
- Assist the team with complex implementations, acting as an escalation point for critical customer situations.
- Monitor Zendesk communication daily to ensure operational excellence and premium client experiences.
- Implement innovative support practices enabling seamless scaling to support multiple high-touch districts.
- Build trust and credibility with Sales, Operation, and other cross-functional partners to deliver high-quality, impactful experiences that drive engagement, learning, and partnership.
- Reduce time-to-value while increasing client satisfaction, setting the stage for long-term renewal opportunities.
- Drive value creation through a consistent sales-to-delivery model that provides tangible and immediate student-first results across our network of district partners
- Implement and own data-driven practices to track and improve key metrics such as time-to-value, retention, and account growth by district, state, and region.
- Be accountable for and report on utilization, account health, and service adoption metrics to Senior Leadership.
- Develop and implement churn reduction strategies and quickly & strategically address potential issues to maintain high retention.
- Analyze customer insights and trends to drive action and desirable outcomes supporting an incredible customer experience.
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
This role requires a results-oriented leader with a keen eye for process improvement, exceptional team leadership abilities, and a relentless dedication to customer satisfaction and operational excellence. Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Strategic Leadership: Demonstrates strong leadership skills in guiding and motivating teams toward achieving exceptional customer service while navigating complex challenges.
- Executive presence: Highly collaborative, organized, and able to present to a diverse audience. Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, creating partnerships with various teams to garner resources and support necessary for process improvements and change management initiatives.
- Operational Scalability: Exhibits a knack for operational efficiency, capable of developing, implementing, and standardizing procedures to improve accuracy, timeliness, and meet SLAs consistently. Is highly skilled at creating calm through the chaos during periods of high growth.
- KPI-Driven Management: Implements and maintains KPI-driven management strategies to continuously track and optimize team performance, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives. Utilize KPIs as key benchmarks, fostering a culture of accountability and data driven decision making across the team.
- Analytical Skills: Has strong analytical capabilities, able to monitor, evaluate, and derive data driven insights in order to exceed departmental KPIs and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, forging partnerships with various teams to garner resources and support necessary for process improvements and change management initiatives.
- You have 5+ years leading and growing customer-facing teams with complex customers (services, consulting, customer success, implementations, account management, solution consulting)
- Ability to travel to client sites up to twice monthly, with most travel happening before the start of the school year
In addition to the above, it would be great if you also had:
- Experience in health tech or ed-tech
- Experience as a 0 to 1 operator in a startup environment
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We'd love to hear from you if you're motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture.
We are a mission driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it. We believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. If you are as passionate as we are about this, we’d love to hear from you!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.