Operations Manager - Proctors
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
About the role:
As the Proctor Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to help build out a new service offering at Marker Learning. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional student, provider, and school district experiences and ensuring the successful and efficient delivery of world class services.
What you’ll do:
- Be a trusted strategic partner to the Director of Clinical Operations as we build out a scalable proctor program
- Hire, develop, and manage a network of Marker Learning proctors
- Act as a generalist to support a prioritized list of initiatives that take into account business needs and feasibility
- Develop processes to ensure the successful delivery of proctor services and a delightful client experience for our students and districts
- Gather data and insights to continuously advocate for process improvements
- Work in close partnership with the School Success and Provider Operations teams to learn about our school district clients and psychologist network and support initiatives to drive results
- Collaborate with Product to develop tools to help Marker Learning operate more efficiently
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of operations experience in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about the mission of Marker Learning
- Adaptable and reactive to changing business needs and initiatives
- Experience managing people and schedules
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally, build strong relationships and influence diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Give employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members
This is a remote position open to anyone eligible to work in the United States. Of note: this role will be managing a team based in Central Time and will be expected to be responsive during CT business hours.
*We know people from historically underrepresented communities are less likely to apply if they don’t meet all of the above criteria. Please apply anyway! We want people who are fast learners, eager to take on new challenges, and will help us build a best-in-class company that will change what it means to age.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We are a mission-driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it, and we believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. We'd love to hear from you if you're motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.