Content Marketing Manager
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
As Marker’s Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be a pivotal member of our marketing team, driving awareness of Marker’s brand and supporting client journeys. You will play a crucial role in crafting and implementing our content strategy across our direct-to-consumer and B2B audiences. You will create compelling content across various channels, and for different audiences: parents, adults, school psychologists, district leaders and more, understanding the unique needs and motivations of clients and other stakeholders. Your work will be critical in establishing Marker as a trusted, innovative thought leader in the learning disability space.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute Marker’s content marketing strategy, gathering insights on what messaging and formats will resonate most with key audiences
- Leverage the strategic plan you’ll develop to activate various channels (blog, video, lifecycle communications, web, social, etc.)
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to create compelling content tailored for different target audiences, ensuring consistency in core themes and messages.
- Craft whitepapers and other thought leadership resources to share clinical insights and establish Marker as an authority in the field.
- Collect feedback from Marker clients to create authentic content around their experiences.
- Own project timelines and deliverables, holding agency partners and internal team members accountable toward quarterly milestones.
- Build systems to track content marketing experiments, analyzing performance, investment, and impact.
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in content marketing for consumer and B2B audiences
- Experience working in education or healthcare is a plus.
- Motivated by Marker Learning’s mission to provide affordable and accessible learning disability support to all students who need it.
- Strong writing skills with a passion for storytelling.
- Creatively minded, with a desire to continuously test and iterate
- Highly organized, with an innate ability to juggle many things at once.
- Willingness to get into the weeds, be scrappy, and always be a team player.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We are a mission-driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it, and we believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. We'd love to hear from you if you're motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.