Senior Product Manager - Schools
About Marker Learning:
1 in 5 students has a learning disability such as dyslexia, which makes it harder for them to read, spell and write--despite their intelligence. While receiving a proper evaluation for a learning disability could be the most impactful event in a student’s life, only 4% of students receive a diagnosis because of the high costs of evaluations and lack of access to qualified psychologists. Undiagnosed students are 3x more likely to drop out of high school, 5x more likely to be unemployed, and tend to experience elevated levels of anxiety and depression. It’s estimated that early diagnosis of dyslexia and other learning disabilities could save the US over 72 billion dollars of economic impact and drastically improve the lives of millions of people.
Marker Learning is on a mission to make learning disability (e.g. dyslexia) assessments and diagnosis easier and more affordable for schools and parents. By leveraging proprietary technology developed by leading experts at Johns Hopkins, the end-to-end evaluation is completed in half the time and at 1/10th the cost of typical in person evaluations. We are a rapidly growing start up, backed by some of the most mission driven and reputable venture capital firms and education non-profits.
Join us in our mission to inspire and support all students on their unique learning paths.
As a Senior Product Manager specializing in growth, activation & retention for Marker Learning products for Schools, you will be an instrumental leader in driving the evolution and success of our educational products. Your role will focus on understanding the needs of schools, enhancing growth strategies, and ensuring sustained activation and retention of our product offering.
This role will report into the Director of Product Management and will be a core member of Product Management at Marker Learning – you will help to form both the School Product Vertical and the overall Product Management team. An ideal candidate for this position will grow alongside Marker Learning to become a leader within Product and Marker.
What you'll do:
- Create and execute strategies to drive growth, activation, and retention of Marker Learning products for School Districts.
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and identify opportunities for differentiation and growth.
- Become an expert in School and Student needs and Products and their champion within Marker.
Product Lifecycle Ownership:
- Lead end-to-end product management, from ideation to execution, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely delivery of impactful solutions.
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap, prioritizing features and enhancements based on customer needs, market trends, and business objectives.
- Translate School products requirements into platform capabilities to drive improvements for all elements of Marker’s Product.
Driven by Data and a focus on User Experience:
- Utilize data analytics and market research to derive actionable insights, shaping product roadmaps and optimizing user experiences.
- Establish and track key performance metrics, analyzing data to identify trends and inform decision-making.
- Keep a relentless focus on User Experience, focusing on creating seamless experiences with Marker products to produce positive outcomes.
- Engage in on-the-ground learning by visiting schools, participating in user research, and conducting workshops to deeply understand the challenges and opportunities within the educational landscape.
Cross-Team Collaboration & Stakeholder management:
- Cultivate strong relationships with school administrators, educators, and internal stakeholders, actively soliciting feedback to inform product improvements.
- Collaborate effectively with Engineering, School Success and Sales teams to align strategies, prioritize features, and drive product success.
- Partner with Product Design and Marketing teams to identify market changes, user problem areas, and new business opportunities.
- Conceptualize, manage and prioritize projects for different stakeholders, working on multiple timescales.
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- A passion for improving the lives of Students.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in Product Management, preferably within EdTech, Health Tech or in B2B software.
- A tireless drive to tame chaos, solve problems, and make improvements, both large and small.
- Track record of driving growth, activation, and retention strategies for digital products or services.
- Strong analytical skills; a wiz at leveraging data to make informed product decisions.
- Experience in fast-paced, agile startup environments.
- Detail oriented with superior communication organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
At Marker Learning, we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status. We are a mission-driven team out to provide reliable and affordable testing to every student who requires it, and we believe that Marker Learning has the potential to change the evaluation landscape across the country. We'd love to hear from you if you're motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture!
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.