Senior Manager, Corporate Development & IR
Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Corp Dev & IR to join our Finance team. This individual will work to build up and support Noom’s investor relations program and support corporate development efforts. This person will inform Noom’s strategic thinking by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with companies, VCs and bankers and also supporting Noom’s investor relations program through the effective communication of Noom’s results, operations and strategy to the financial community and Noom’s Board and investors.
This role is situated at the nexus of healthcare, product, finance and broader strategic efforts at Noom, and this is a rare opportunity to join as an early team member. You will be an integral member of the team, with the ability to impact a high growth, mission-driven company. In this role, you will partner closely with Noom leadership on corporate development and investor relations projects.
You will work in a collaborative environment with regular partnership across the executive team, cross-functional business leads and external stakeholders. Your role will include supporting the development of board and investor materials; other commercial and financial analyses; and managing potential M&A. You will also support the investor relations program at Noom, as we look to develop a strong understanding of Noom’s competitive positioning for our executive team, our peers, and the tech and healthcare industries. This is a utility-player position and the balance of work across the above areas will evolve with the company.
The roleis full-time, and is located in New York or remote.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner cross-functionally to drive corporate development and investor relations initiatives
- Work with senior executives and business leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Noom's mission
- Maintain relationships with companies, VCs and bankers to inform company strategy, and stay up-to-date with Noom’s competitive landscape
- Manage relationships with investors and the financial community
- Conduct analysis on industry trends and competitors across business segments and provide findings to relevant internal teams
- Support long-range planning at Noom
- Manage board and investor presentations, and contribute to the external quarterly reporting process
- Provide insights to the executive team regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, and peer group intelligence
- Maintain a portfolio of information on large pipeline of companies that are synergistic, competitive or adjacent to Noom, including those that offer unique technology or talent that may be interesting partners to build relationships with
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of investment banking, private equity or investing, corporate development, strategic finance, or management consulting, preferably with a consumer internet or healthcare focus
- Knowledge of, and comfort with, the consumer internet and healthcare verticals -- you have a good sense for what’s going on in the world of tech, and can apply it to your work at Noom
- Ability to understand and develop investment theses on companies, and to think critically about business models and industry trends leading to recommendations
- Highly proficient in Excel with strong attention to detail -- you are comfortable looking at company financials, passionate about using data to support your recommendations, and you have the ability and enthusiasm to build valuation models to support your thesis
- While not required, experience with financial market data and research tools is a plus (such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Capital IQ)
- Fast learner and structured thinker who can quickly synthesize input from many sources and deliver thoughtful, concise, and action-oriented deliverables
- Strong organization and project management expertise -- you can effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage competing priorities, and drive projects to completion. You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and you have experience managing deal project execution
- Excellent writing and communication skills -- you are comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Experience drafting investor and capital markets materials
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Comfort working with loosely-defined constraints, but always pushing for organization and process improvement
- Passion for Noom’s mission and purpose -- you’re looking for a place where you can truly make an impact with your team-mates
- You take your job seriously; but don’t take yourself too seriously
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $173,000 - $235,000.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom’s estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package:
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.
Something looks off?