Director of Engineering, Platform
Noom’s engineering team is a mission-driven team, powered by science, technology, and world-class talent. We are looking for a Director of Platform Engineering who is passionate about overseeing the machine that powers how our mobile and web applications are built.
Our platform team builds the underlying infrastructure that improves engineering and product productivity and enables new capabilities that allow us to innovate. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and maintenance of Noom’s product platform - ensuring scalability, reliability, and security. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software development, data, finance, and product management to align platform engineering initiatives with business goals and drive innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and managing our backend and infra teams - including hiring, mentoring, and performance evaluations
- Driving short-term success in the following areas:
- Optimizing the backend and infra resources to maximize immediate ROI and achieve quarterly objectives and milestones
- Coordinating with stakeholders and provide the necessary technical support to ensure that our short-term objectives are properly prioritized and achieved
- Creating a long-term strategy and execute on it
- Help plan and execute on the building blocks of a successful technology strategy for the next 18 months
- Work with stakeholders to collect needs and requirements, and incorporate them into the strategic plan.
- Expanding the current technology platform to enable success across the organization
- Identify areas of the existing platform that need to change in order to accommodate future needs.
- In collaboration with other teams develop and implement a strategy based on gaps areas identified.
- Implement any additional platform functionality required
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in people management, managing multiple teams (~10-20 engineers), with a proven ability to build teams from the ground up
- Extensive experience in a senior technical position with oversight over a strategic development area.
- Experience in a software engineering role, with a strong understanding of cloud-based platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a track record of driving solutions to complex engineering challenges.
- Excellent communication skills: you’re comfortable explaining technical problems in person and writing.
- Director-level experience in a role at another company of size/stage similar to Noom a plus!
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team.
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. There is a significant opportunity for advancement for those who value and excel in transparent, fast-paced, and high-impact environments.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $237,000 - $321,000.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom’s estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): Flexible
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.