Noom is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to join our lean but growing legal team. You’ll be a key contributor on company contract matters, support our product and corporate counseling team, and report into Noom’s General Counsel. You’ll support Noom’s enterprise teams working on SaaS contracts and the vendor procurement process, as well as support our finance and commercial teams on day-to-day needs. You’ll work directly with other members of our legal team as well as with colleagues from across the company.
This is a special opportunity at a special company — we’re doing exciting things, and we’re just getting started! Noom is quirky, fast-paced, and positive; we care about our employees and our users, and we put our all into our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. We are always looking for people who are smart, curious, humble, and collaborative as we grow. If this sounds like you, reach out!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Negotiate a variety of commercial agreements in the technology and healthcare space, with a focus on SaaS related technology contracts.
- Build scalable and effective processes for the commercial function, including through the creation and maintenance of playbooks, contract templates, and self-help workflows.
- Work closely with our Finance, IT, and Security teams to support the procurement process.
- Support a variety of other legal matters across commercial and corporate on a lean legal team.
What We Look For:
- 3-5+ years of general corporate or commercial contract experience; law firm experience preferred.
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed in good standing with a State Bar.
- Preference for candidates based locally in the greater NYC area.
- Preferred experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating technology-related commercial agreements including SaaS agreements and complex commercial agreements (including related privacy and security documentation).
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with sales and finance leaders to meet business deadlines while mitigating risks with appropriate escalations.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $161,000 - $217,000.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom’s estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.