Director of Supply Chain Management
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, coffee shops, and other establishments through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners hours every week with our tech-based operating platform, reducing CO2 emissions by consolidating deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko team is diverse, passionate, and innovative. Our 400+ employees are spread across numerous departments and business lines, but are single-minded in our mission to develop technology to support the many needs of our customers. We believe that small businesses need support now more than ever, and that Odeko is uniquely positioned to provide that support. Our legal team plays an integral role in these efforts, overseeing legal and risk management efforts across the entire company.
Director of Supply Chain Management
As the Director of Supply Chain Management, you will be responsible for driving solutions to complex supply chain problems. You and your team of 12-15 will be responsible for directing overall supply chain operations including: purchasing, inventory, pricing, vendor selection and relationship management, and transportation of goods to multiple distribution centers nationwide. To succeed, you will develop and implement strategies that make the Supply Chain team the engine behind Odeko, as we deliver community coffee shops what they need, when they need it.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain adequate in-stock inventory levels across all distribution centers while reducing costs in waste, labor, transportation, and storage
- Cross collaborate with business unit leaders to help guide pricing and vendor selection
- Strategize across departments to understand and forecast market needs to meet our just in time inventory levels
- Develop trustworthy supplier relationships, building primary and secondary dependable strategic sources
- Dive into NetSuite to enhance the functionality of its tools
- Oversee shipping methods such as air freight, trucking, rail, or marine transport
- Evolve capacity plans for new facilities and/or improve upon existing plans to meet current and future needs
- Evaluate potential suppliers based on price, quality, delivery time, and customer service
- Develop annual budgets and long-term strategic plans, including capital expenditures and labor needs
- 8-10 years of experience in supply chain, food industry knowledge preferred
- 3+ years of leadership and team management experience (Odeko’s internal team works remotely; you will be managing people and performance in this environment)
- Strong analytical skills and high level proficiency in inventory management, pricing, and purchasing software
- Tactical negotiation skills and the capacity to generate buy-in from vendors and partners
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to solve problems and innovate solutions
- Experience in food or coffee industries a plus
This role is remote with some travel to distribution centers or industry conferences. Compensation ranges 145,000 - 165,000
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?