Market Development Specialist, Boston
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, coffee shops, and other establishments through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners hours every week with our tech-based operating platform, reducing CO2 emissions by consolidating deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko team is diverse, passionate, and innovative. Our 400+ employees are spread across numerous departments and business lines, but are single-minded in our mission to develop technology to support the many needs of our customers. We believe that small businesses need support now more than ever, and that Odeko is uniquely positioned to provide that support. Our legal team plays an integral role in these efforts, overseeing legal and risk management efforts across the entire company.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Market Development Specialist (MDS) to join our expanding Sales & Success Team. This is an opportunity to be a leader in your city in representing the Odeko mission of supporting small business. Through sampling, marketing, coffee events and conversation, you will become a key partner and companion to your local independent coffee shops! You get to bring solutions to your market that reduce cost and support growth for small business owners! You succeed by building relationships and demonstrating the value of Odeko local supply delivery and the Odeko mobile ordering app. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with customers by email, phone and in-person shop visits - quickly establishing trust and creating allies in the marketplace. Your ability to connect and build rapport, creates a customer journey that is a true partnership. This role will require 90% of travel.
- Gain the commitment of independent coffee shop owners to proceed to Odeko onboarding for local supply delivery and Odeko’s mobile ordering platform.
- Leverage Odeko’s data-driven prospect database to develop new client relationships that help drive high-speed growth of partnerships in the market
- Responsible for achieving monthly and quarterly goals of new shop growth
- Keep meticulous records in our CRM tool (Hubspot), to report activity and conversations. This helps to enhance the customer experience in the customer’s journey with the rest of the Odeko success team.
- Develop new and creative outbound strategies to create and nurture new market opportunities for growth and partnership.
- Work closely with account management teams to ensure new customers have a smooth onboarding process and become long-term partners with Odeko
- Work closely with Odeko’s vendor partners to collaborate in local coffee events and to conduct sampling campaigns for prospective customers
- Play a vital role in all of these same sales and success efforts in the next Odeko cities - both virtually on the phone and occasionally traveling to another city to partner with the local MDM.
- 2+ years of relevant sales/business development experience
- B2B and small business sales/partnerships experience preferred
- Self-directed and comfortable in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Process-driven with attention to detail
- Active in the community through partnerships and/or service
Why you’ll love it here:
- Collaborative, high growth work culture
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits. HSA, FSA available
- 401k matching program so you can invest in your future
- Flexible PTO
This is an L2 Associate role. Base compensation is $60,000-$65,000. Additional variable compensation is available.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?