Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
The Data Team at Ollie is responsible for empowering functional teams with the data they need to make data-driven decisions, as well as proactively surfacing actionable insights and recommendations. As an Analytics Engineer at Ollie, you will have an active role in driving impact in our business by setting up our analysts and business users for success. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining data pipelines and providing clean and accurate data sets for all analysts and business users to leverage.
What You'll Do:
- Write production-quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- Design, develop, and extend dbt code to clean and transform raw data into easily querible tables
- Create and maintain systems documentation and a data catalog for business users
- Act as the code owner for specific database and data model schemas and approve data model changes
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models
- Ingest and integrate data from third party tools and/or APIs to unlock deeper insights around our data
What You'll Bring:
- 2-3 of experience in data field as an analyst or engineer
- 1+ years of experience building and maintaining dbt scripts
- Ability to assess business needs and translate them into appropriate data designs
- General understanding of distributed version control systems, e.g. Git
- Solution-oriented, independent, and able to communicate across different departments
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Stitch, dbt and Looker
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Snowpipe
- Experience with data modeling
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.