Senior Software Engineer, 3D Systems
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
Dandy is hiring a team of top software engineers to build digital products and technological infrastructure to support a vertically integrated pipeline for the manufacturing of dental prosthetics.
In this role, you will build everything from next-level 3D intraoral scanning experiences to advanced 3D model backend processing pipelines that power key portions of the company. You know how to employ the best tools of the trade, but when needed you can get farther into the weeds to optimize algorithms, data input, and processing environment.
The ideal candidate is a technology enthusiast with a strong web UI+graphics development skill set, experience in 3D graphics, game development, or strong experience in lower-level 3D image processing.
What You’ll Do
- Build interactive web tools that allow doctors, lab technicians and patients to interact with 3D scans and medical image volumes
- Deliver practical solutions to real-world 3D graphics problems across our tech org
- Enhance our lower-level 3D scanner stitching algorithms to increase the amount of information they provide to downstream consumers
- Work with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, software engineers, computer vision engineers, dentists, and 3D dental designers
- Interface with Deep Learning models to integrate AI into the tools/experiences you are building
- Design features which enable 3D naive users to reach their maximum potential more rapidly
- Assess pros and cons of different processes in terms of speed, memory use, visual quality, and robustness; get down in the weeds of improving these when necessary
- Translate user interactions to data which can be used in machine learning tasks
- Advocate for new technical architecture and innovation
- 6 years relevant experience
- 3D model or visualization programming experience (e.g. Three.js, WebGL, opencv, trimesh or similar)
- Strong web application or backend experience (e.g. typescript, python, C#)
- Meaningful quantitative background where necessary
- Understanding of 3D data structures, transforms, algorithms, and rendering techniques
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $180-$220k/yr plus equity. Actual compensation is based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the primary work location, candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?