IT Procurement Specialist
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
Dandy is hiring an experienced IT Procurement Specialist to join our rapidly growing venture-backed company. In this role, you’ll be pivotal in scaling the IT operations at Dandy. You’ll be able to work with a global set of internal stakeholders and influence technology decisions to improve our customer’s experience with Dandy.
What You'll Do
- Ensure all IT relationships are governed by contracts that align with corporate mandates and support essential business requirements while ensuring continuity of supply at the lowest total delivered cost
- Manage both strategic and administrative responsibilities related to IT finance/purchasing/buying
- Day-to-day tasks may include processing requisitions, purchase orders, quotes, supplier/vendor management, conducting market research, negotiating pricing, establishing terms and conditions for services, resolving invoice discrepancies, and communicating the status of purchases with internal customers
- Establish, implement, and manage procurement systems to enable purchasing processes - this will include collaborating with stakeholders to ensure all new vendors are appropriately onboarded and legacy vendors are thoughtfully offboarded
- Build consensus and drive alignment amongst key stakeholders in support of procurement initiatives and programs (sourcing, implementation, compliance) while identifying and recommending cost-saving opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience working in Procurement in technology purchasing of hardware, software, and services
- Fantastic communication skills, low ego, and empathy
- Proven ability and experience in executing procurement programs, successful negotiations, and vendor relationship management
- A general understanding of SaaS solutions, contracting, implementation, and migration processes
- Demonstrated ability to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting costs, impacts, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and coordinating the efforts of a diverse range of stakeholders inclusive, but not limited to, engineering, accounting, sales, legal/compliance, helpdesk, manufacturing, and project management personnel
Bonus Points For
- Advanced working knowledge of Google Sheets/Excel is a plus
- Loving to negotiate and taking personal responsibility to save every dollar possible
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $72K - $80K plus equity. Actual compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, the primary work location, the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.