Business Intelligence Lead
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this pivotal role at Perry Health, you will function as a key link between our data and our business decisions. As our Business Intelligence Lead, you will be in charge of curating, managing, and leveraging our data assets to optimize business outcomes. Your keen insights and ability to transform raw data into meaningful and actionable information will directly influence strategic planning and decision-making. By managing our data pipelines, developing reporting systems, collaborating across teams, and driving business intelligence improvements, you'll be an integral part of our commitment to data-driven growth. Your efforts will empower non-technical stakeholders with the knowledge and tools they need to make informed decisions, fostering a culture of data proficiency across the organization.
- Oversee the collection, tracking, and analysis of business data, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Manage, design, and develop effective and scalable reporting solutions to support data-driven business decision-making
- Consult with stakeholders to enhance BI tools and strategies, driving business goals and advocating continuous improvements
- Own our data pipelines (Fivetran, dbt) and utilize modern data stack best practices to provide actionable data for non–technical stakeholders
- Build dashboards powering daily decision making
- Educate and train end-users on BI tools to improve decision-making across the organization
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and perform data analysis under tight deadlines
- Stay updated with new data collection and analysis tools and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in a technical business analytics role
- Able to write production-grade SQL queries and be familiar with analytics best practices, including testing, version control and dashboard publishing frameworks
- Fluent using Tableau or Looker
- Familiarity with dbt and git
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and within a team
- Ability to quickly understand and map systems, processes, and operations
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Anticipated Start Date: July 10, 2023
- Salary Range: $125k-145k
- NYC-Based Hybrid Role (Monday-Wednesday In-Office)
- Competitive Equity at Early Stage Startup
- Free Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans Available
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Perry Health launched in August of 2021 and has been supported by investors such as Primary Ventures, General Catalyst and Box Group. Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, healthcare and retail including Vroom, K Health, Gilt, ShopKeep, SoulCycle, and more. Our team is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real outcomes to our members.
Our patients are our purpose: We understand that the decisions we make have an impact on our patients’ health. We are a healthcare company above all else. The choices we make are always in the best interest of our patients.
Bring your best self: The authenticity of our team drives our innovation. We show up for each other and our patients every day. Your teammates will count on you for motivation and support, and you should expect the same in return. Conversely, recognize when you are not at your best so you can seek support and take time to recharge.
Own your ideas and your results: Each member of the team contributes to the growth of Perry. Identify problems, seek solutions that maximize impact. Ownership is key; seek out support from team members, and take accountability for the results of your efforts.
Move fast, but with purpose: Consistent, rapid growth is expected. Set goals, work with purpose, assess, reassess, and pivot when necessary. Perfection should not impede progress. Ego should not prevent reevaluation. Each day will provide opportunities for learning and growth and will move us closer to our goals.
Good ideas come from anywhere: Ideas, good and bad, come from every level of the organization. Employees at all levels are empowered to share their ideas and feedback. The whole of Perry is greater than the sum of its parts. All ideas are considered, and when a decision is made we will move forward together.
A background check consisting of employment history, professional references, criminal check and educational verification (i.e., degree, license, and/or official transcript) will be conducted. All applicants will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of Perry Health.
Perry Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.